X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nozzle questions

I figured I'd stop bugging Rick and throw my questions in the public forums. I was thinking of going with a 7.5 gpm at 3500 psi instead of the 6gpm and wanted a rootranger for those specs. I emailed the jetters edge about what RR would work and how much. The email I got back I didn't quite understand mostly because of how ignorant I am on the jetting subject. I emailed them back but maybe I can get an answer quicker here. Below is the email they sent me back and I just want to know if I need to somehow attach the rotojet to the RR or what. I am going to use 3/8" hose and I told them that. So from their email it looks like I am going to have to get a reducer from 1/2" to 3/8", is that correct? Also would that make it to stiff to navigate through 4" 90's? Thanks for any help

"Thanks for your enquiry via our website. You would require a non-standard 255-070 Rotojet Nozzle on the Root Ranger to suit your pressure & flow which would be AU$350 + $AU$30 postage. This has a male quick connect tail or if you screw your heads on there is a ½” BSP female port. You may have to use a bush to adapt to your hose end, depending on what you have."

Re: nozzle questions

looks like you're stuck with me

i too have a 1/2'' rr. their 1/2'' thread in not npt, but bsp which is pretty close so a tap will clean it up.

the 1/2'' rr is much larger in mass than the 1/4'' rr body.

honestly i would stick with the 1/4'' body and the largest rotor they can fit. maybe they have a #7, 1/4''. if not they are easily available. the #7 will still leave you with some pressure for the small front jet if you chose to use it. personally i wouldn't.

i use the 1/2'' rr with my 4000# 18gpm machine and it's a monster. i've blown back waste water over 50' with a full line.

see what they have in 1/4'' specs and even if you need to downsize, i would stick with the 1/4'' over the 1/2'' to allow for 3'' fittings too.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Ok so what is the max size pipe a 1/4" rr could clean with the specs i'm looking at? Also woud i have to tap the threads with their 1/4" rr or is that only on their 1/2"?

Comment

the us version/ made for ridgid is already npt.

with the extension nipple to keep it from turning around/ safety, you should be good to 6'' possibly 8''.

ridgid has it jetted for their specs. you can go slightly larger.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Alright so the jetters edge will take a 1/4" RR from ridgid and drill it out to handle 7.5 gpm at 4000psi?

Comment

i believe they have a #7 nozzle that is rated for 7gpm at 4000#.

the ridgid spec is geared towards their 3055 numbers.

i would stick with the 1/4'' body unless they have a 3/8'' body as the 1/2'' body and rotor gets to be quite large for what you're planning on using it for.

nothing wrong with the 3/8'' hose as that will carry the volume you need. have them sell you a 3/8 fip x 1/4'' mip adapter for the hose, nozzle. or get a jumper hose made that's 2' long 3/8'' fip x 1/4'' mip. this will also save your expensive 3/8'' jetting hose from damage and act as a safety mark upon retrieval. very important not to pull back out of the pipe with it under pressure

see what they offer as far as jet turbines, and adapters/ hose leaders.

of course you can always get the double barrel rr and have them jetted at 3.5 each.

i'm looking into a 9 gpm double rr now.

i believe bill had designed a triple rotor at 1 time too.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
            X