X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Jetter Blues

I started my business 2 yrs. ago. I take care of a big box stores, fast food, and others. I have two Ridgid sink machines and a Spartan 1065. Is a jetter cart worth getting or should I just save my money for a trailer jetter? 95% of drains that I would need to service are 6" or less.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Re: First Jetter Blues

depending on your weather, traffic and vehicle will dictate what you can get away with.

of course a budget is always helpful.

if you have money to burn, and want all the bells and whistles, then a cool 44k will get you a top of the line trailer jetter.

if you have 6k to spend than that will get you a top of the line cart.

chances are if you start with a cart and get busy, you'll eventually buy a trailer.

and if you start with a trailer, you will eventually buy a cart

right now my trailer has kept my carts in the shop waiting for their next turn to shine.

for you just getting into jetting, i would spend the money on a cart and build the business up before you dump the big money into a trailer.

rick.

ps. welcome to the forum. plenty of good drain cleaning and camera talk here
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thank you.

Those were my thoughts/dilemma. I was leaning to the JM-3055. Any bigger...why not get an inexpensive trailer. Any smaller why not get more goodies for the 1065. I am worried that my 6" drains will not get properly cleaned, especially if I run into roots. It seems like all of the jetter nozzles work best with more than 8 gallons of flow at 3000 psi.
      AllurePlumbing.com
      • leak detection
      • drain cleaning
      • utility locating
      • and other specialties.

Comment

start reading about the root ranger nozzle and it will impress you. nothing packs a punch as strong as a root ranger.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

My opinion: you should get something at least 5.5 gpm and 3500 psi if you are doing some 6" lines and wish to cut roots decently. That will get you enough flow and pressure to run a 3/8" Warthog well which would be awesome for grease lines at your fast food accounts and if you need more root cutting ammo get a Root Ranger. I like the ability to run 4000 psi if needed and I know that's what Rick's jetter can produce but of course there are a lot of guys jetting with less pressure and they do a good job, I just think that if you start out with only 3000 at the pump by the time you figure all the friction loss in the hose you are left with a pressure at the nozzle that has its limitations when it comes to cutting roots. I understand having a name brand preference in drain cleaning equipment but honestly when it comes to cart jetters the major manufacturers of cable machines don't have much on the more economical jetter brands like Water Cannon. Maybe some user friendly features, I like the looks of General's new line of cart jetters and the way they are set up and balanced, but for the most part in jetting it all comes down to the engine, pump, and hose. If you have already decided on dropping the change for a JM-3055, look around and see if you can't get a different brand with better specs for the same money. It would be worth your while IMO.

Comment

Do yourself a favour and start talking with Bill Jetters Edge. he can give you some good info too.

Comment

I don't know how to give the Ridgid thank you, but thanks to everyone. I think I have settled with a Water Cannon. Their price was better than the JM3055 and and seems to out perform the 3080. I am waiting on the official specs, package, and price. I believe it was a 4000 psi at 8 gpm. 300' of hose and four nozzles...awesome.
              AllurePlumbing.com
              • leak detection
              • drain cleaning
              • utility locating
              • and other specialties.

Comment

Do yourself a favor. When you do get a jetter get a custom drilled set of nozzles from Aqua Mole in addition to your high dollar ones (Warthog, Root Ranger). Check with Water Cannon, maybe the ones they send with the machine are made by Aqua Mole and custom drilled to the specs of the jet you are buying. If not, custom drilled nozzles are worth the investment.

Comment

This just in from General....thought I should share. They say the 3055 will do up to 10" no problem and the 3080 will do up to 16".

Joke of the day?! Or best jetted in the world?

I will look into those nozzles drilled for my jetted when I get my specs. Thanks again!
                  AllurePlumbing.com
                  • leak detection
                  • drain cleaning
                  • utility locating
                  • and other specialties.

Comment

Jetters Northwest................Big Brute Cart Jetter 8.5GPM/4000PSI

Am I over thinking this?
                    AllurePlumbing.com
                    • leak detection
                    • drain cleaning
                    • utility locating
                    • and other specialties.

Comment

problem is it's heavy and it's got specs of a small trailer unit. i woudl get something more portable, then step up to a full size trailer as the business grows.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                      X