Clearing grease with a drum machine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearing grease with a drum machine

I have been told I am under-utilizing my 1065. I am just now getting into the nasty grease lines (fast food). Until I get my jetter and maybe to compliment my jetter, what are your thoughts on clearing? I feel as if more times than not I will need to do it from upstream of the clog.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Re: Clearing grease with a drum machine

grease is always best with a jetter. but of course it can be done with a cable machine. since it's pretty much impossible to run full size blades in a cast iron or gal steel line due to internal hard build up,corrosion, offsets and changes of direction, my blade of choice is a 4 blade cutter with teeth. the blade is pyramid in shape and is great at grinding up solids. i find that i have much more control with my sectional due to the speed of the cable and instant stopping ability with the clutch arrangement.

biggest issue with your 1065 or any large drum machine is the flywheel affect of the drum and cable assembly. especially with minimal cable out in the line. plus most kitchen lines are 2'' and a 3/4'' cable/ .66 cable will be a little stiff in anything but a straight run with no turns. my 7/8'' sectional has no problem making the turns on 2''.

running upstream is great as long as you have some water flow coming at you. otherwise there will be no flushing affect and your cutter will load up.

of course nothing compares to a jetter, especially when running upstream.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

You are turning into a party pooper.
      AllurePlumbing.com
      • leak detection
      • drain cleaning
      • utility locating
      • conductor fault locating
      • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

not really. a snake can do grease, a sectional is better than a drum on grease for many reason that i haven't even mentioned to you. but a jetter is the best for grease.

don't worry, in another month you'll have the jetter you're asking about.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
        X