Camera Cable Kink....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera Cable Kink....

I have a kink in my MicroReel cable is there anything I can wrap around this spot to keep it straight & keep it from getting worse ?

It's about 3' from the camera end. How much would it cost to send in and get fixed ?

Re: Camera Cable Kink....

You should be able to order what you need and make the repair yourself.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

I would attempt almost any repair but a retermination of a camera is not one of them. My micro reel reterm cost $418. Eventually you'll lose picture and get the dreaded blue screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
        You should be able to order what you need and make the repair yourself.
        As I understand it, you need special tools to work on Seesnake camera heads.

I would bet a couple Hundo for the Reterm. Unless you have a good Ridgid repair shop closer to you, call AJ Coleman. They are the biggest Ridgid repair center in the Midwest. You could probably have it back in a just a few days.

Comment

Funny Assy. I have the exact same kink at the same place and don't recall ever kinking it. I'm the only person that uses it. Did you recall kinking yours?

(I know, old thread. Just noting it as this is kind of ironic.)

Comment

Let's hope it's not the microdrain.....those go back to the factory
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
              Funny Assy. I have the exact same kink at the same place and don't recall ever kinking it. I'm the only person that uses it. Did you recall kinking yours?

(I know, old thread. Just noting it as this is kind of ironic.)

Nope, I don't know how I did it

Comment

Over 2 years ago already, seems like months. Time flies...

Comment

I found a kink about 3' back as you did. I have no idea how it happened. So I put electrical tape on it even though I'm sure it gives zero support, but that way I could keep my eye out for it until I could address it.

So, I hadn't used it any further and then the next time I pulled it out, there was the original kink, and ANOTHER one between it and the camera head.

A second kink developed without use in the reel. Not sure what's going on. Something happening in the reel?

Comment

The MicroReel I was using developed a kink as well, if I recall it was a little further back like 12'.
                    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                      The MicroReel I was using developed a kink as well, if I recall it was a little further back like 12'.
                      Do you recall kinking it?

Comment

Bought a 100' MicroReel 4 years - all I could afford at the time. I've been through 3 cables in 4 years at around $2000 each. I also kinked a new cable on the 3rd use in a broken drain 4 months ago - bugger!

I use to get the re-terminated, but got annoyed by the re-termination soldering being sub-standard so I pulled an old cable apart to see how its put done & now do them myself in under 30 minutes.

I have also used a fibreglass repair kit to stiffen up an kinked section.

Comment

Originally posted by DATS View Post
                          Bought a 100' MicroReel 4 years - all I could afford at the time. I've been through 3 cables in 4 years at around $2000 each. I also kinked a new cable on the 3rd use in a broken drain 4 months ago - bugger!

I use to get the re-terminated, but got annoyed by the re-termination soldering being sub-standard so I pulled an old cable apart to see how its put done & now do them myself in under 30 minutes.

I have also used a fibreglass repair kit to stiffen up an kinked section.

Care to share how you make your repairs?

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
                            Do you recall kinking it?
                            Nope, rolled it up, went on the next job and pulled it out and boom there was a kink.
                            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                              Nope, rolled it up, went on the next job and pulled it out and boom there was a kink.

Then where's the recall, bulletin, or help from Ridgid? That's 3 people that know what to do and not to do that have had expensive cable failures without reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X