X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• root ranger general questions

Without a camera, how do you know you flipped it?

Would a double barrel flip flop in the pipe?

Do you use a penetrating tip first?

Any recommendations on a jetter tip that will hold a cam?
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Re: root ranger general questions

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
    Without a camera, how do you know you flipped it? The sound changes when it cuts. It gets muffled then as it cuts to sounds clear.

Would a double barrel flip flop in the pipe? Don't have one.

Do you use a penetrating tip first? No. I've gone straight through 10' of roots so blocked up that I had to camera without ball guides. The ranger has quite a bit of push.

Any recommendations on a jetter tip that will hold a cam? For a cart jetter? no but a camera is overated unless you do a lot of replacements.
    Answers in red.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

here is the easiest way to jet with a root ranger.

if you have camered first, then document the footage of the problem areas and use those numbers to work your hose +/- 2'
      the sound will defiantly change as you cut roots. you can feel the nose flip. but the natural position of a single rr is to ride the bottom of the pipe. most roots are at the top of the pipe so that's why knowing your footage makes for a faster simpler job. 1/4'' hose is simple to twist and flip. 1/2'' hose is much more difficult to flip.

the double barrel will have a much broader coverage of the pipe walls than a single rr.

i have a camera attachment that connects to the front of my 1/2'' hose./ nozzle. it rides 18'' in front of the jetter nozzle.

a rr with the front jet is no where as strong of a penetrator as a nozzle with 1 to 4 front jets. remember that the rr is a massive piece of stainless steel body and it takes a good size hole to allow it to pass and allow the rear rotor to destroy the roots.

i use a 4 forward, 6 rear nozzle to open a good hole and then attack with the root ranger.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Rick and Ben pretty much answered your questions. My jetter specs are 5.5gpm @ 3500psi. I have a double barrel root ranger. And yes I still have to rotate the hose. The double only gets used on mud, sand type 6" or 8" storm lines. It will cut roots but for my specs is not as aggressive as the single barrel which shreds roots......fast!

Now if I had ricks trailer jetter specs the double rr would tear some stuff up..

Comment

What is the technique to flipping it over?

I LOVE the fact that it cas be guided up a branch but I am scared at how easy it looks to get hung.
          AllurePlumbing.com
          • leak detection
          • drain cleaning
          • utility locating
          • and other specialties.

Comment

Youtube "sewer jetting"
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              here is the easiest way to jet with a root ranger.

if you have camered first, then document the footage of the problem areas and use those numbers to work your hose +/- 2'
              the sound will defiantly change as you cut roots. you can feel the nose flip. but the natural position of a single rr is to ride the bottom of the pipe. most roots are at the top of the pipe so that's why knowing your footage makes for a faster simpler job. 1/4'' hose is simple to twist and flip. 1/2'' hose is much more difficult to flip.

the double barrel will have a much broader coverage of the pipe walls than a single rr.

i have a camera attachment that connects to the front of my 1/2'' hose./ nozzle. it rides 18'' in front of the jetter nozzle.

a rr with the front jet is no where as strong of a penetrator as a nozzle with 1 to 4 front jets. remember that the rr is a massive piece of stainless steel body and it takes a good size hole to allow it to pass and allow the rear rotor to destroy the roots.

i use a 4 forward, 6 rear nozzle to open a good hole and then attack with the root ranger.

rick.
              Who's camera attachment do you have? I am having trouble finding a manufacturer.
              AllurePlumbing.com
              • leak detection
              • drain cleaning
              • utility locating
              • and other specialties.

Comment

here is the link to the jet cam adapter and carrier. but it will only work with 1/2'' hose right now and that requires at least 10 gpm.

http://eplsolutions.net/Jet_Sonde_Ca...les/JetCam.pdf

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Similar to this....I don't now the specs because I just found it.

http://www.jetterdepot.com/images/22...d_Camera_2.jpg

I hope it takes you straight there. If not, its in the middle of the page above a I bolt jetter.
                  AllurePlumbing.com
                  • leak detection
                  • drain cleaning
                  • utility locating
                  • and other specialties.

Comment

your not worried about cutting your camera push cable in 1/2 with the rear jet of the root ranger?

Comment

the jet cam carrier uses a special 6 jet rear thruster. plus you could always 10 mill the cable next to the jets.

the angle of the jets are more thrust than wall washers.

what beats up a hose or camera cable is the sand and grit blast. especially on area drains that have sand and dirt.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                      X