K-60

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: K-60

auto feed is not really what you would compare to a drum auto feeder. the k-60 spins the cable as it's clutch/ jaws grip the cable tightly. the 15' sections don't actually self feed through the machine while it's running. what it does do is spin the cable in a clockwise direction/ while running in forward on the power switch. in reality this will cause the cable to want to unwind and pull out of the drain. think of the cable as a long coarse threaded screw. when the open winds of the cable contact the edge of the pipe or fittings, the natural reaction of the cable is to unscrew from the drain. this is useful when the cable is tight with all the turns and many lengths of cable attached. honestly i only use that feature when i'm stuck and can't manually pull the cable back. otherwise the cable/ cutters are designed to spin clockwise/ forward to cut. if you don't help feed the cable down the drain, it will naturally want to come out unless you're on a vertical drop where gravity takes over.

now running reverse/ counterclockwise, will cause the cable to screw itself into the line. once again not through the machine but from the front slack of cable into the drain.

now running the reverse auger requires the machine to run reverse/ counterclockwise if you want to auger end to actually dig and cut into roots. therefore the natural reaction for the cable is that it wants to feed itself into the drain. not through the machine, but from the front of the machine slack into the drain.

just think of it as a left hand threaded screw. meaning for it to screw into the board, the screw gun is run in reverse to tighten the screw to the board. remember that the cable is a very coarse left hand screw.

whereas a factory auger is a right hand screw and requires the machine to spin forward rotation/ clockwise to cut and grab. but i can guarantee you that a factory auger doesn't last 1 day in my line of work/ heavy roots. yet the reverse auger has lasted years without failure. best thing is it's not a special order cable/ auger. you make it yourself in a matter of minutes.

this has been discussed in detail dozens of times if you can find it on the forum, search function

it's really a simple design with exceptional results.

tony, do i need to use my aussie to american translator

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

None taken. I know what I read on the forum. I work by myself and out of a utility bed style truck. I need something I can easily store out of the weather on the truck. My current drum machines do not allow me that flexibility. If I can't get it with the K-60 I will go get my 1065. To be out and about making money to stop, drive to my shop and get a few machines is getting ridiculous. It costs me too much time and money. I cannot get paid to drive to get my machines and do the job. Now, if I have a tool that should be sufficient and it doesn't get it I can justify a little extra for my time. So, no, it was not on a whim. Just another piece in the arsenal. Better to know going in. I don't mind learning as I go but why not take advantage of the experience of others. I feed all of my cables in by hand and pull out with my auto feed so all of the roots that I run into have always come back out without a problem.
      AllurePlumbing.com
      • leak detection
      • drain cleaning
      • utility locating
      • conductor fault locating
      • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Got my order in already! Ridgid didn't pack a box correctly so Coleman is going to take care of things. No questions asked, by the way, just took care of it. Much better than having to deal directly with Ridgid. Hell, they even sent the promo cables. Decided on buying a K-40 while I was talking with him on the phone.
        AllurePlumbing.com
        • leak detection
        • drain cleaning
        • utility locating
        • conductor fault locating
        • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Working...
        X