Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K-60

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • K-60

    Called Allen J Coleman and got a really good price on a k-60. I am getting the SP-SE kit and a 5/8 kit c-8 with attachments for what I was quoted from my wholesalers locally....the ones I spend a fortune with every month.

    This reverse auger technique I hear so much about, is it safe? I suppose its safe enough if many use it. My main concern centers around me not having any dealings with it. I suppose you will not be using the hose guide. What kind of mess/destrucion should I expect if I were to try it.

    Thanks.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

    Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

  • #2
    Re: K-60

    From what I'm hearing here on this forum the reverse auger is the only attachable drain/sewer opening tool you will ever need I would lay down some tarps to handle the mess and most certainly use your guide hose for safety.


    Can't go wrong with AJ Coleman they are some good shitz

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: K-60

      I suppose you can move the safety hose from front to back?
      AllurePlumbing.com
      • leak detection
      • drain cleaning
      • utility locating
      • conductor fault locating
      • and other specialties.

      Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: K-60

        Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
        I suppose you can move the safety hose from front to back?



        As far as I know the guide hose will only attach to the rear of the machine to keep the cable from flopping around.

        Some drum machines are equipped with a safety hose on the front.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: K-60

          Guide hose hooks up the the back only.
          Will Rogers Plumbing
          Moore, Oklahoma
          (
          405) 323-2852

          "Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

          "We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"



          www.willrogersplumbing.com
          http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

          "Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: K-60

            The reverse auger works great. No need to turn the k60 arounnd just run it in reverse.(the switch has a forward, off and reverse) I used it 3x in the last two weeks (7/8 cable). I made mine out of a brooken cable but it is worth cutting a good cable to have one. It has to be made with open wound cable. I like using the guide hose, it kepts the cable from sliding. Inside traps are needed, no nice and neat drum to hold the cable. With the 5/8 cable i took the advice of the fourm and place them in a mortar try.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: K-60

              I was thinking about using an old drum so I could pull it all out and into a drum. I am open to any suggestions though.

              I have been reading through all of the posts in these forums.....read where Rick says (paraphrasing) real drain cleaners use heads. As retort to someone making a slurry with a cut off head and a bent end to the cable....LMAO I am not calling out anyone. Just goes to show that there are many ways to skin a cat.
              AllurePlumbing.com
              • leak detection
              • drain cleaning
              • utility locating
              • conductor fault locating
              • and other specialties.

              Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: K-60

                Originally posted by Knight1 View Post
                The reverse auger works great. No need to turn the k60 arounnd just run it in reverse.(the switch has a forward, off and reverse) I used it 3x in the last two weeks (7/8 cable). I made mine out of a brooken cable but it is worth cutting a good cable to have one. It has to be made with open wound cable. I like using the guide hose, it kepts the cable from sliding. Inside traps are needed, no nice and neat drum to hold the cable. With the 5/8 cable i took the advice of the fourm and place them in a mortar try.
                I am always hearing about this reverse auger but never how it is feed down a drain till now so let me get this straight do you feed it down the drain in reverse from where you enter the drain or change from forward to reverve when you strike the blockage as from my experence it is vary difficult to feed a cable down a drain over a distance in reverse.

                Tony

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: K-60

                  Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
                  Called Allen J Coleman and got a really good price on a k-60. I am getting the SP-SE kit and a 5/8 kit c-8 with attachments for what I was quoted from my wholesalers locally....the ones I spend a fortune with every month.

                  This reverse auger technique I hear so much about, is it safe? I suppose its safe enough if many use it. My main concern centers around me not having any dealings with it. I suppose you will not be using the hose guide. What kind of mess/destrucion should I expect if I were to try it.

                  Thanks.
                  I neglected to mention it was the same price as the standard SP-SE package!
                  AllurePlumbing.com
                  • leak detection
                  • drain cleaning
                  • utility locating
                  • conductor fault locating
                  • and other specialties.

                  Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: K-60

                    Originally posted by AFM View Post
                    I am always hearing about this reverse auger but never how it is feed down a drain till now so let me get this straight do you feed it down the drain in reverse from where you enter the drain or change from forward to reverse when you strike the blockage as from my experience it is vary difficult to feed a cable down a drain over a distance in reverse.

                    Tony
                    tony, you haven't figured it out yet after years on the forum

                    do i need to hop on a plane for k-60 101 training

                    the reverse auger is a phase i use as the cable is wound the opposite direction as a factory auger. so with a reverse auger/ cut off cable, you need to run the motor in a reverse rotation to have the cable spin counter clockwise. think of it as a corkscrew. if the cable is spinning in a clockwise direction, the reverse auger will not thread into the stoppage and grab. just like a drill bit. in reverse you can drill with enough pressure, in forward the drill actually cuts. just thing of the reverse auger as a left hand drill bit. meaning you run the motor in a reverse rotation and the reverse auger will drill and grab.

                    i always try to use 4'' spiral saws in 4'' lines. but when i have a line that's only a 2'' or 1.5'' opening like a roof vent, i can easily use the reverse auger with a slight bend to navigate the pipe and when it gets into the larger pipe, the bend will spring back and scrape the walls of the pipe while the open hook will thread into the roots/ wipes and cut right through them. also it's a great auger for the cheap plastic non directional styrene area drain pipe and fittings.

                    the factory auger will not last a day in the real world. yet my reverse augers have lasted a few years with no issues.

                    tony if you build it, i will come (field of dreams)

                    tony actually the cable wants to self feed into the line while running in the reverse rotation. forward rotation wants to thread out of the drain. think of the cable as a long screw auger. 1 way it threads in and the other way it threads out.

                    the guys on the forum that use it, know what i'm talking about. but then there are those that have never used a sectional in their life, yet they feel they know more than me and the other sectional guys.

                    rick.
                    phoebe it is

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: K-60

                      We dealt with Allan J Coleman for 50 some years now. They have always given us great service, prices, and advice. Marvin is a wealth of knowledge, Kirk is extremely helpful. When it comes to needing parts for any drain cleaning machine, these are the only guys I call. FYI they not only have drain cleaning equipment, they have camera systems and service them as well, they also sell anything in the Ridgid catalog. I got my ProPress for dirt cheap, and every time I use it I am super grateful.
                      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: K-60

                        Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        tony, you haven't figured it out yet after years on the forum

                        do i need to hop on a plane for k-60 101 training

                        the reverse auger is a phase i use as the cable is wound the opposite direction as a factory auger. so with a reverse auger/ cut off cable, you need to run the motor in a reverse rotation to have the cable spin counter clockwise. think of it as a corkscrew. if the cable is spinning in a clockwise direction, the reverse auger will not thread into the stoppage and grab. just like a drill bit. in reverse you can drill with enough pressure, in forward the drill actually cuts. just thing of the reverse auger as a left hand drill bit. meaning you run the motor in a reverse rotation and the reverse auger will drill and grab.

                        i always try to use 4'' spiral saws in 4'' lines. but when i have a line that's only a 2'' or 1.5'' opening like a roof vent, i can easily use the reverse auger with a slight bend to navigate the pipe and when it gets into the larger pipe, the bend will spring back and scrape the walls of the pipe while the open hook will thread into the roots/ wipes and cut right through them. also it's a great auger for the cheap plastic non directional styrene area drain pipe and fittings.

                        the factory auger will not last a day in the real world. yet my reverse augers have lasted a few years with no issues.

                        tony if you build it, i will come (field of dreams)

                        tony actually the cable wants to self feed into the line while running in the reverse rotation. forward rotation wants to thread out of the drain. think of the cable as a long screw auger. 1 way it threads in and the other way it threads out.

                        the guys on the forum that use it, know what i'm talking about. but then there are those that have never used a sectional in their life, yet they feel they know more than me and the other sectional guys.

                        rick.
                        Now Rick its been a battle since I came to the forum to understand what Amerians are talking about and as you did rebell against the English your lord and masters and drive on the wrong side of the road my English to Americian dictionary is hard to interprete and your slang dosen`t help

                        Tony

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: K-60

                          Originally posted by AFM View Post
                          I am always hearing about this reverse auger but never how it is feed down a drain till now so let me get this straight do you feed it down the drain in reverse from where you enter the drain or change from forward to reverve when you strike the blockage as from my experence it is vary difficult to feed a cable down a drain over a distance in reverse.

                          Tony



                          You would think it would self feed in reverse, no ???

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: K-60

                            I am amazed at how many roots are on the cable. I know it auto feeds out but hear it doesn't feed back. Seems like one hell of a workout.
                            AllurePlumbing.com
                            • leak detection
                            • drain cleaning
                            • utility locating
                            • conductor fault locating
                            • and other specialties.

                            Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: K-60

                              Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
                              I am amazed at how many roots are on the cable. I know it auto feeds out but hear it doesn't feed back. Seems like one hell of a workout.



                              Take no offense but it seems you know VERY little about this machine. Did you buy it on a whim ?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X