Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone who has worked for roto rooter?

i'm still an apprentice, I have done mainly commercial work but alot of residential maintence as well. I am currently laid off. I had an interview with roto rooter and they want me to work for them. I have to buy my own van and cables. They will pay me 30%-40% commision. So every drain i clean I make roughly 80$. Has any one ever worked for them. I have never heard of having to supply my own vehicle. If im gonna buy all my own stuff why not just get licensed and go out on my own? any one with roto rooter experience would be appreciated.

Re: anyone who has worked for roto rooter?

Sorry to hear your out of work supplying your own vehicle to get to every job and then on top of that your own cables is not on if it was me I`d be running now as fast as I could from them $80.00 my seem great but when you start braking and kinking cables and you have to replace them it can be expensive and that $80.00 will go no where.

Tony

Comment

My best friend worked for them for a couple years. Yes you have to supply a newer clean van, and have it lettered up with their graphics. They only supply you the machines for drain cleaning, you supply the cable. (this way you are responsable if you trash your own cable), and you have to supply your own hand tools.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

If you can work for a corporate owned RR.....and you have some experience....for me they supplied everything and took a weekly deduction out of my paycheck.....so they bought the van but I was paying them back....and it is a deal to learn how to cable drains the right way as you do buy your own cables but they usually supply the machine....
        Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
        You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

thanks for the help and input. I got a call from another local plumbing company. So I turned down roto rooter.

Comment

You were wise to turn down Roto-Pooter
            Will Rogers Plumbing
            Moore, Oklahoma
            (
            405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
            http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

I'd rather work at McDonald's. Even when I'm considering selling a kidney when I can't find a job, roto rooter never crosses my mind. It's an absolutely atrocious company to have in any city.

Comment

If I could chime in my 2cents...

I would say that 20 years ago it would be nice to work for roto rooter because they were the big name that most customers knew of and they probably got a lot of the calls.

Now a days with the internet the play field is even, I have seen handyman companys do very well because plumbing is a very busy industry and the new way to search for a plumber
                is google search or local websites directorys like craigslist and angies list.

RR pays on commission? Screw that, no wonder I hear complaints from homeowners that RR is always trying to dig up their pipes for bigger profit.

Comment

Originally posted by dhdc View Post
                  If I could chime in my 2cents...

I would say that 20 years ago it would be nice to work for roto rooter because they were the big name that most customers knew of and they probably got a lot of the calls.

Now a days with the internet the play field is even, I have seen handyman companys do very well because plumbing is a very busy industry and the new way to search for a plumber
                  is google search or local websites directorys like craigslist and angies list.

RR pays on commission? Screw that, no wonder I hear complaints from homeowners that RR is always trying to dig up their pipes for bigger profit.
                  You hire a handyman company to do your plumbing and you'll get what you deserve.
                  26+6=1

Comment

Originally posted by jordanw876 View Post
                    i'm still an apprentice, I have done mainly commercial work but alot of residential maintence as well. I am currently laid off. I had an interview with roto rooter and they want me to work for them. I have to buy my own van and cables. They will pay me 30%-40% commision. So every drain i clean I make roughly 80$. Has any one ever worked for them. I have never heard of having to supply my own vehicle. If im gonna buy all my own stuff why not just get licensed and go out on my own? any one with roto rooter experience would be appreciated.
                    Jordan: I worked for RR for a while. Don't make the same mistake. If you want I can share some experiences in a pm.
                    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
                    X