X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer Jetter

So, who lives out near Washington and is heading out to NC? I found a good jetter in my price range. I just can't afford to ship it here.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Re: Trailer Jetter

what specs amd brand?

there are auction sites for trucking freight.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Eagle 200

About $2500 for shipping. I figure it isn't a lot of flow but once I have a hole to establish flow I could run the water inside the building.
      Hot Jet USA I have been told has a skid that is comparable and shipping would be $350. Biggest problem in 2 years, is picking a jetter. I am driving myself crazy.
      AllurePlumbing.com
      • leak detection
      • drain cleaning
      • utility locating
      • and other specialties.

Comment

In this day and age $2500 shipping doesn't sound too bad to me. Even for LTL freight less than $2.00 a loaded mile is hard to come by.

Comment

May not be bad but it does hurt the bottom line.
          AllurePlumbing.com
          • leak detection
          • drain cleaning
          • utility locating
          • and other specialties.

Comment

Is a Warthog necessary when you have Penetrator, 1 Front/4 Rear (20deg), Flusher, 6 Rear (35deg.), De-Icer, 3 Front (10deg.) /6 Rear (35deg), Rotator, 2 Rear On Rotating Element.
            AllurePlumbing.com
            • leak detection
            • drain cleaning
            • utility locating
            • and other specialties.

Comment

for roots it is, but for less than 1/2 the price, you can get a root ranger and blow away a warthog.

the root ranger is all rear power and cutting. i have a 1/4'' x 5 gpm single and a 1/2'' x 12 gpm single.

also just got the 3/8'' x 9 gpm double barrel and 3/8'' x 18 gpm double. will be posting some videos when i get them in use.

the root ranger requires some hose twisting, but you can hear it cutting away much faster than a warthog. the double should eliminate some hose twisting.

i'll see if i can find the thread i posted several years ago with my 6'' test pipe and 1'' wooden dowel i destroyed with the root ranger.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Only reason for a warthog for me is less of a learning curve and less likely to hook a wye. Jetters Edge made it look easy to do.
                Last edited by Gettinit; 04-30-2012, 10:57 PM.
                AllurePlumbing.com
                • leak detection
                • drain cleaning
                • utility locating
                • and other specialties.

Comment

never been stuck with my 1/2'' or 1/4'' rootranger. plus the little hook actuall helps you drag out roots.

there is nothing i've ever used as powerful as a rootranger for roots, sand and grit. the turbo nozzle is simple to maintain and doesn't require oil.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

I just need to figure out how to sell the jetter to my wife, last obstacle. I didn't try anywhere near this hard for her to say yes to marriage. I want that Eagle 200 from Jetters NW so bad.

This forum may be the best thing for my business, as far as, drain cleaning and the worst for my marriage.
                    AllurePlumbing.com
                    • leak detection
                    • drain cleaning
                    • utility locating
                    • and other specialties.

Comment

I agree with Rick, I don't have a Root Ranger but I want to get one when finances allow, but from what I've seen it's TheBomb.com for roots. The only thing I can see and maybe Rick can help with this a little bit, but it appears to me that a Root Ranger is made mostly for cutting roots and heavy stoppages, whereas a Warthog will cut roots fairly well but also is exceptional on hard grease, mineral buildup, etc. It depends on the type of jetting you plan to do, if you are into restaurant maintenance contracts and are dealing with grease a lot, the Warthog is your nozzle, whereas if you are doing a lot of residential sewers with roots get a RR. Or, get both.

We have a 1/2" Warthog which I wouldn't want to do without. We use it in larger irrigation pipes.

Comment

Do what I did. Buy it ship it put it in the garage. She asked what it was . I said money and that was that. LOL just kidding she learned a long time ago it takes money to make money.
                        Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                        1-920-284-7471

Comment

Have one of your friends call her and tell her you just got into a bad car accident. When she gets all hysterical and starts crying, jump on the phone "honey just joking, I'm going to buy a 20k jetter". At this point, she will be blitzed mad at you but it'll be because of the bad joke. She'll totally forget you mentioned the jetter. BTW, have a place to crash for a couple days before you do this
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                          X