X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-50 Drum adapter for k-60

I hardly ever need a 3/8'' cable machine. I do however own a K-400. I got it when I first opened the doors; for getting inside at the kitchen sinks. Space and time (time-running all over to pick up machine) is a factor so I bought a K-60. I was wondering if the drum adapter for the K-50 with 3/8 cable would be ok since the rpm is so high?
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Re: K-50 Drum adapter for k-60

I used the K60 with the A-17 drum adapter for about 2 years that way. Works pretty good but you have to watch you speed. The technique is a little different than pairing with the K50 but you'll be okay. I suggest using a 3/8" innercore. The stiffer the better. Bent a number of cables before I figured it all out. It's WAY overkill on a light tub stoppage but more than adequate on nasty kitchen sink stoppages. I finally broke down and bought a K40. It's just easier than carring that 40lb machine in to clear a lavy.

Comment

I just ordered one myself. Looking into a 25' or 35' cable from general so I could use attachments. I can destroy those cheap little hand augers from the supply house.
      AllurePlumbing.com
      • leak detection
      • drain cleaning
      • utility locating
      • and other specialties.

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
        I just ordered one myself. Looking into a 25' or 35' cable from general so I could use attachments. I can destroy those cheap little hand augers from the supply house.

Get yourself a K-45AF.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
          Get yourself a K-45AF.
          How are the options on the Ridgid heads. The only real reasons. I thought about the General cable is IC cable and the clog chopper.
          AllurePlumbing.com
          • leak detection
          • drain cleaning
          • utility locating
          • and other specialties.

Comment

How are the options on the Ridgid heads. The only real reasons. I thought about the General cable is IC cable and the clog chopper.

I only run 1/4" and 5/16" cables in my pistol rodders. Great for tubs & 1 1/2" kitchen lines.

No heads are needed other that the standard bulb/auger head.

If it's a 2" line I'll grab my Spartan 100 with 13/32" and several available cutting heads.

Comment

Urinals are my nightmare. I am just wanting to find a better approach for them and their drains beyond the urinal.
              AllurePlumbing.com
              • leak detection
              • drain cleaning
              • utility locating
              • and other specialties.

Comment

Ridgid makes a 3/8" cable that takes the same heads as the 5/8" sectional....I use it in my K-50 a lot. The small general heads suck. Check out the K-50 accessories page.

-Chris

Comment

Urinals are my nightmare. I am just wanting to find a better approach for them and their drains beyond the urinal.
                  5/8" sectional for me with the 4 blade cutters (pull it off the wall). Ron likes his K-40AF on urinals.

Comment

Working...
                  X