• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swade Plumbing
    replied
    Re: K-50 Drum adapter for k-60

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
    Urinals are my nightmare. I am just wanting to find a better approach for them and their drains beyond the urinal.
    5/8" sectional for me with the 4 blade cutters (pull it off the wall). Ron likes his K-40AF on urinals.

Leave a comment:

• Swade Plumbing
    replied

Ridgid makes a 3/8" cable that takes the same heads as the 5/8" sectional....I use it in my K-50 a lot. The small general heads suck. Check out the K-50 accessories page.

-Chris

Leave a comment:

• Gettinit
    replied

Urinals are my nightmare. I am just wanting to find a better approach for them and their drains beyond the urinal.

Leave a comment:

• AssTyme
    replied

How are the options on the Ridgid heads. The only real reasons. I thought about the General cable is IC cable and the clog chopper.

I only run 1/4" and 5/16" cables in my pistol rodders. Great for tubs & 1 1/2" kitchen lines.

No heads are needed other that the standard bulb/auger head.

If it's a 2" line I'll grab my Spartan 100 with 13/32" and several available cutting heads.

Leave a comment:

• Gettinit
    replied

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
    Get yourself a K-45AF.
    How are the options on the Ridgid heads. The only real reasons. I thought about the General cable is IC cable and the clog chopper.

Leave a comment:

• AssTyme
    replied

I just ordered one myself. Looking into a 25' or 35' cable from general so I could use attachments. I can destroy those cheap little hand augers from the supply house.

Get yourself a K-45AF.

Leave a comment:

• Gettinit
    replied

I just ordered one myself. Looking into a 25' or 35' cable from general so I could use attachments. I can destroy those cheap little hand augers from the supply house.

Leave a comment:

• plumberscrack
    replied

I used the K60 with the A-17 drum adapter for about 2 years that way. Works pretty good but you have to watch you speed. The technique is a little different than pairing with the K50 but you'll be okay. I suggest using a 3/8" innercore. The stiffer the better. Bent a number of cables before I figured it all out. It's WAY overkill on a light tub stoppage but more than adequate on nasty kitchen sink stoppages. I finally broke down and bought a K40. It's just easier than carring that 40lb machine in to clear a lavy.

Leave a comment:

• Gettinit
    started a topic K-50 Drum adapter for k-60

K-50 Drum adapter for k-60

I hardly ever need a 3/8'' cable machine. I do however own a K-400. I got it when I first opened the doors; for getting inside at the kitchen sinks. Space and time (time-running all over to pick up machine) is a factor so I bought a K-60. I was wondering if the drum adapter for the K-50 with 3/8 cable would be ok since the rpm is so high?
Working...
X