No announcement yet.

microDrain/microReel......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this camera system work like this? This one offers a stiffer cable for longer runs. And do you feel this is a good price? Thanks
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ridgid-40788...item5666748168

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
      PLUMBER RICK commented
      Editing a comment
      careful, the one you linked is the micro drain. 65' and is a specialty camera. the one that is stiffer and 100' is the micro reel.

Rick.

Originally posted by Gauvil View Post
    Will this camera system work like this? This one offers a stiffer cable for longer runs. And do you feel this is a good price? Thanks
    Same camera he is using so yes it works the same. As to price call AJ Coleman to see the current price.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Gauvil View Post
      tried to open your p.m. but it was not showing much.

the micro reel is 100' and is stiffer than the micro drain that's 65'.

between the 2, I prefer the micro reel for drain pipe.

now if you were doing toilet traps and pool piping 90s, then the micro drain is the one.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

• Gauvil
        Gauvil commented
        Editing a comment
        I have another camera for sewer line inspections. I was thinking this one would be good for toilets and inspecting beyond a floor drain. Thanks Rick I think that is what I was looking for.
        Last edited by Gauvil; 06-23-2015, 10:21 PM.

All toilet job photo's posted by me in this thread were done using the microdrain. The microreel is not an option as the push rod is too stiff.
      Last edited by AssTyme; 06-23-2015, 10:38 AM.

Comment

My first pool line inspection with the microdrain.

Comment

Main line backed up and because of chitty plumbing I was trying to force too large of bit and it broke. Retrieved the broken blades in minutes.

Comment

Still torn between the Micro drain and reel. How far will the Micro drain push in a floor drain or kitchen drain.
            Galvanized lines?

Knowing Azzz he has both camera's, which is the go to?

Comment

Originally posted by fixitright View Post
              Still torn between the Micro drain and reel. How far will the Micro drain push in a floor drain or kitchen drain.
              Galvanized lines?

Knowing Azzz he has both camera's, which is the go to?

Yes I have both, since you already have a larger reel I would go with the microdrain.

I don't find the need to video many sink lines or go through any floor drains. Mostly what is shown in this thread. I also use it for shallow locates such as in basements, it saves having to carry the large reel. Also useful for quick peeks, shorter looks and to locate drop in back to backs.
              Last edited by AssTyme; 02-17-2017, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Used the microDrain for a quick peek just a few feet out in a 4" cast line this morning.

Comment

• fixitright
                  fixitright commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Tell us what that is. Aliens?

• AssTyme
                  AssTyme commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lead joint gone bad.

• sewermonster85
                  sewermonster85 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  1-53-17 ? Hot dang lol

Had this job a couple weeks ago. Flooring contractor dropped his tool down a uncovered toilet opening then plumber pushed it 15' down stream trying to get it out. Long story but I ended up flipping the tool 180 degrees (with the help of a wye) then took out with a magnet.

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
                  PLUMBER RICK commented
                  Editing a comment
                  what is up with your date stamp?

Rick.

• AssTyme
                  AssTyme commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm not sure it doesn't seem to want to carry over to the next month. I've ask the question twice in the other section with no answers.

This plastic cap was lodged in so tight it was a PITA to remove.

Comment

Sunday funday

Comment

Hey azz, when Augering a toilet do you include the use of your camera or do you add it to the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Drain-slayer View Post
                      Hey azz, when Augering a toilet do you include the use of your camera or do you add it to the bill.

Usually a added minimal charge. I only use when I think a foreign object is lodged.

Comment

Working...
                      X