General g-rp-2 root ripper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: General g-rp-2 root ripper

i'll still put the reverse auger up against the root ripper any day of the week.

the reverse auger has not failed me or broken. there are a lot moe options with the reverse auger as it can be enlarged and can also be offset to a 45 bend to scrape the top of the pipe where the roots come in. it is also capable of going into a 1.5'' line to open a 4'' full of roots.

the root ripper only has a lead cutter and nothing beyond the tip or tiny section of cable to grab roots with. unless you want to bend your leader, you're not attacking the roots at the top of the pipe where the roots enter from.

the reverse auger has 14'+ of cable that will continue to grab and tear off roots and wipes.

plus between my hundreds of uses and others on the forum it's a proven auger that works. it comes in 5/8''. 7/8'' and 1.25'' too. and best of all, anyone can make it for free.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      why bother going to wisconsin when we all had the opportunity to go to ohio and do our thing. of course more canceled than showed up and ruined it for all the rest that truly took the time and money to attend both times.

work ethics are a great thing. but remember that drain cleaning is a combination of work ethics, desire to get it open and clean, equipment choice and hands on experience.

2 years and minimal equipment choices doesn't give you all that much experience on the vast amount of drain cleaning equipment and types of stoppages out there.

you might have the work ethics based on your resume, but never owning a sectional gives you a "0" in believability. not bashing you, but setting the record straight.

rick.

Au contraire.......

Some pictures of my van that were taken last summer.

Last edited by AssTyme; 05-06-2012, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
        I have used the root ripper with a General sewermatic and a speedrooter.

I have only used it with 3/4" cable. I would not use it with any ridgid style sectional. even the 1.25"

It might work ok with the eel model C, but I would not suggest it with the drill. That thing can build up some mega torque and could seriously hurt the operator.

The whole idea behind this cutter is to dig deep into a root ball and then use the built up torque from the cable to rip it out. Sectionals by design are intended to cut with speed, not torque.

Tool, IMO the Root Ripper is a nice option to have as a backup or last resort option for your Maxirooter.

-Chris
        Thank You ! Can't beat hands on experience ,will order Mon
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
          Au contraire.......

Some pictures of my van that were taken last summer.

Impressive ! A picture is worth a thousand Posts ! It's obvious You have Your act togeather! Kuddos To Mom N Dad .
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
          X