X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered a K-45 today

Sick of 1/4" cables constantly twisting in my Kenway jr. drums I tried a K-39 that got the cable through the same drain my 3 different cables kept wanting to twist in. (drum diameter too large I expect). The tighter drum diameter on the K-39 prevented the cable from twisting. Sold!! I ordered the K-45 with an autofeed and carrying case.

The present to myself arrives tomorrow afternoon.

I didn't ask the supply house. Will any cable work or is the end proprietary? (Now there's a dumb question. Ehh)
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Re: Ordered a K-45 today

the auto feed is set up for 5/16''- 3/8''.

1/4'' is a little small and personally i find 5/16'' hollow core with the factory bulb auger a good leader for tight traps.

remember that you'll never spin all the cable out, figure about 5' lees than the total length.

if you want your cable to last a long time. remove it from the drum when finished and let it dry out. don't install until ready to use. also drain and clean the inner drum as needed to cut out drips and spin art.

i'm still working with my k-39's and 38's. i have way too many to have to upgrade to a k-45 at this point.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I have a K-45AF set up with a 1/4" cable and it works fine. Like Rick said you won't be able to run it all out and the more resistance that's on the cable the sooner it will slip/more cable stays in drum.

Hope you like it I love mine

Comment

I don't get it, I have a k39af and I can run all but about 2' out.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          I don't get it, I have a k39af and I can run all but about 2' out.

Yes same here most of the time. The more drag/resistance that's put on the cable/cutter the sooner the cable will slip with more cable staying in the drum.
          Last edited by AssTyme; 05-09-2012, 10:35 AM.

Comment

If the cable end fits trough the auto feed it aught to work. You will have to hand feed the 1/4 inch but in most cases you only need a few feet of 1/4 inch. If there is a longer run you should use a bigger cable.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
              If the cable end fits trough the auto feed it aught to work. You will have to hand feed the 1/4 inch but in most cases you only need a few feet of 1/4 inch. If there is a longer run you should use a bigger cable.

Why hand feed ? I can run out around 22' of the 25' 1/4' cable in my K-45AF.

Comment

So I used the K45 autofeed this AM for the 1st time. (Plugged tub) The cable went in through an 1-1/2 abs st 90 after I removed a check valve to get access. The auger went about 12" and wouldn't autofeed any further. I thought to myself what kind of weak piece of crap with no guts I buy? But when I pulled out the auger to try something else along came about a foot long clump of hair that had a nice diameter to it. Problem solved.

After removing the sizable pile of hair with a pliers, and ran the auger in further to double check but it came back clean.

Have to say the K-45 worked quite well and I'm pleased.
                Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Iv had mine almosa year and love it every time i use it the auto feed and be akward in tight places sometimes but im happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
                    Iv had mine almosa year and love it every time i use it the auto feed and be akward in tight places sometimes but im happy with it.

If you think the auto feed is awkward try using a pistol rodder without one

Comment

Working...
                    X