X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down the vent

My neighbor, and good Buddy, had a sink blockage last week. Flat roof went through the 1 1/2" roof vent with My old k-375 3/8" cable. I was amazed how far out I felt resistance. Cleared it ,but not cleaned it ,I feel. Sink line is 2" Galvy. I want to return later and do a better job,so here's My question. I want some new cutters for grease.
    What are the best Pin style cutters to scour the galvy? Tanks Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Down the vent

Don't do it. Sometimes you'll try to do such a good job that you'll knock a hole in the galv pipe. Very easy to damage it.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      Don't do it. Sometimes you'll try to do such a good job that you'll knock a hole in the galv pipe. Very easy to damage it.
      agreed. did a camera job this morning where the knucklehead that came before me busted a whole in the old pipe. it seems he was over zealous and caused more problems than he fixed
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

What do you use as far as heads go....no drum/sectional question here, just heads.
        AllurePlumbing.com
        • leak detection
        • drain cleaning
        • utility locating
        • conductor fault locating
        • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

a 4 blade cutter will do the best as far as cable machines go. a jetter will do the best as far as a choice of machines go.

a sectional open wind high speed cable like a k-50 with 4 blade cutter and instant clutch will will do the best as far as a snake goes. 3 to 4 gpm on a 2'' line at 3000-4000 psi will clean what's left.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I usually only see galvy on the dirty arm and am starting to use my closet auger more and more. The regular bulb end cleans well enough and is flexible to get into the stack.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I usually only see galvy on the dirty arm and am starting to use my closet auger more and more. The regular bulb end cleans well enough and is flexible to get into the stack.
              Best way for the arm IMO.
              AllurePlumbing.com
              • leak detection
              • drain cleaning
              • utility locating
              • conductor fault locating
              • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

i too have used a closet auger on a 2'' shower trap. 6' is usually all it takes to clear.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

I once got called to a home where the previous plumber literally destroyed a wye trying to clear the drain. 3 days worth of sewage in the crawlspace made for a disgusting smelling truck on the ride home.
                  Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
                    A well-greased plumber who had rolled around in 3 days worth of sewage in the crawlspace all day made for a disgusting smelling truck on the ride home.
                    There, fixed it for ya.

Comment

Working...
                    X