Ridgid t-216 chain knocker 2"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid t-216 chain knocker 2"

What size lines is this effective in? Is it a good grease cutter? Or is it just to bust out scale in C.I.? Tanks Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Ridgid t-216 chain knocker 2"

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    What size lines is this effective in? Is it a good grease cutter? Or is it just to bust out scale in C.I.? Tanks Tool
    I believe SewerRatz is the only one that has praised this tool. I have seen people say it is very expensive and good on scale and thinned out concrete "slurry". I have also read it is aided best with a high rpm machine.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

The chain knocker is sized for the size of pipe you are cleaning. It is more of a finishing / descaling tool.

I have 4" chain knockers and have had some PVC lines that where all mucked up with grease and such. Ran the chain knocker through with plenty of water, retelavised the line and it looked like new again.

Also had a village tell a home owner that his 120' cast iron sewer had to be replaced, that the scale was to much and causing his blockages. I told them let me run the chain knocker through, and if they are not happy with the results all the have to pay me is my service call. When the line was done, the ran the camera though again and where amazed, and paid me my full rates. This village now recommends me to all the property owners that have scale build up.

The chain knockers I use are an older design though.

Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      Ron's Facebook
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

ron, once you knock off all the heavy scale, how do you wash the line clear?

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Guys Just ordered a 2" chain Knocker Faucets direct.com $99.00 free shipping.
          And another grease cutter. Stuff I could no longer live without! Will eventually get stuck in some unsuspecting Soul's sewer line !
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            ron, once you knock off all the heavy scale, how do you wash the line clear?

rick.
            While running the knocker I run water, seems to work well since the drains are designed to carry waste away.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            Ron's Facebook
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
              The chain knocker is sized for the size of pipe you are cleaning. It is more of a finishing / descaling tool.

I have 4" chain knockers and have had some PVC lines that where all mucked up with grease and such. Ran the chain knocker through with plenty of water, retelavised the line and it looked like new again.

Also had a village tell a home owner that his 120' cast iron sewer had to be replaced, that the scale was to much and causing his blockages. I told them let me run the chain knocker through, and if they are not happy with the results all the have to pay me is my service call. When the line was done, the ran the camera though again and where amazed, and paid me my full rates. This village now recommends me to all the property owners that have scale build up.

The chain knockers I use are an older design though.

That older design looks pretty efficient and possibly an easy DIY. Thanks for sharing the pic
              Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                I have used the 4" chain knocker in a situation similar to Ron's story with good results.

I would be careful on 2" CI. I have seen a lot of old 80-100 y/o 2" CI lines where the scale is the only thing keeping the pipe together. I don't think I'd use it on galvy.

Comment

Working...
                X