Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

pressure washer - trailer-mounted 3500psi to drain jetter?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pressure washer - trailer-mounted 3500psi to drain jetter?

friend has 3500 psi 4 gpm pressure washer mounted on trailer -- do I need vibra pulse action device installed to jet 4-6 inch pipe?

Re: pressure washer - trailer-mounted 3500psi to drain jetter?

no.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

thanks. what does the pulse do? Is it for small lines only? My plan is to avoid the 280 lb cable machine altogether and cart a hose reel down the basements here and michigan and use a trailer mounted jetter on roots up to about 150 feet. I believe most are 4inch then transitioned to 6 inch to main sewer.

Comment

It makes the hose jump real small to break up surface tension of the hose so it can go around corners easier. Use a root ranger to cut roots at that gpm/psi. Rick gave me a good idea for jetting parking garages that would work in basements. Get a couple trash cans and let the overflow go into the cans. Once you get the stoppage dropped and pipe clean, use ridgid's jetvac for jetters and use that to pump the water from the trash cans back into the sewer. I recommend aj coleman to get the tools.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

thanks for the reply. The cleanouts are 4 inch in the cement basement floor. maybe i could make a standpipe with same thread as cleanout cover, put y on it and jet thru top or run and allow water to discharge branch into bucket then pump? God Bless

Comment

maybe but jetting with the c/o on the floor might mean you flood the place, be careful.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

be carefull dragging around a trailer of those specs. sounds like your friend was a mobile car detailer and is selling you his pressure washer. nothing wrong with those specs for jetting, but you really don't need to tow a trailer for a 13 hp. portable machine, unless you need the water tank and don't have a garden hose to plug into.

the pulsate valve is designed to help the hose make tight bends, plus also pull further. a foot pedal will also work pretty good too and is a must for safety while jetting.

first thing i would do is unbolt the machine from the trailer and put it back on a cart. unless you really want to tow water and not plug in a hose.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Im in michigan and jet all day long in basements...Rick is right, get rid of the trailer no need for it and also no need for the pulse valve.

Comment

Working...
                X