Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

what kitchen machine and lavatory/tub machines do you guys use and prefer.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what kitchen machine and lavatory/tub machines do you guys use and prefer.

Hey guys i realize this is a ridgid forum but no biased input lol. So I use a spartan model 100 for my kitchen lines and lavatory lines but i recently bought a kenway JR and love how light and small it is and it has worked pretty well for me. and for the tubs and what not i use a spartan pistol snake model 700 that i HATE!!! so what would you guys use for tubs and lavatory stoppages? im leaning towards a K-40 but it says its capable up to 2'' would you use it for kitchen stoppages?? i dont think so but never used one.

So all in all i want a new machine for tubs and lav lines....

and what do you guys use for kitchen lines and tubs/lavatory lines?

Re: what kitchen machine and lavatory/tub machines do you guys use and prefer.

for kitchens with a cleanout or pulling the trap, i use a k-50 with 6/8'' sectional cable and a 4 blade cutter. the open wind cable is the best for grease and debris removal. not only is the cable flexible, but the 5/8'' x 7.5' sections are easy to handle and the instant acting clutch makes this a very simple and safe machine to use. i also use it on laundry and shower drains.
    you can also add the drum adapter and run 5/16 or 3/8'' drum cables with the same k50. great for 1.5'' tub traps and lav traps.

i also like the k-39 and the new k-45 hand held with dual auto feeder. it's similar to your spartan but with a much better dual feeder.

i'm not a fan of the k-40, but i understand they made an improvement on the newer model. my original k-40 along with other members are junk.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      for kitchens with a cleanout or pulling the trap, i use a k-50 with 6/8'' sectional cable and a 4 blade cutter. the open wind cable is the best for grease and debris removal. not only is the cable flexible, but the 5/8'' x 7.5' sections are easy to handle and the instant acting clutch makes this a very simple and safe machine to use. i also use it on laundry and shower drains.
      you can also add the drum adapter and run 5/16 or 3/8'' drum cables with the same k50. great for 1.5'' tub traps and lav traps.

i also like the k-39 and the new k-45 hand held with dual auto feeder. it's similar to your spartan but with a much better dual feeder.

i'm not a fan of the k-40, but i understand they made an improvement on the newer model. my original k-40 along with other members are junk.

rick.
      yeah im not a sectional guy. never have used one and only stick to what i know... and im leaning towards the k-40 anyone else have any input....

Comment

Originally posted by Matt T Service and Repair View Post
        yeah im not a sectional guy. never have used one and only stick to what i know... and im leaning towards the k-40 anyone else have any input....
        Sewerratz owns one and is the only one I know of that speaks highly of it. I have one and as soon as it came in the sink calls stopped...lol
        AllurePlumbing.com
        • leak detection
        • drain cleaning
        • utility locating
        • conductor fault locating
        • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Iv had goid luck with my k 45 autofeed on lav showers and laundrys. iv used it on kitchens but prefer my k 60 with 5/8 anyways sectional are fantastic in my opigion but im not a veteran and drain cleaning. the k 45 has paid for itself several times over. the autofeed is great.

Comment

Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
            Iv had goid luck with my k 45 autofeed on lav showers and laundrys. iv used it on kitchens but prefer my k 60 with 5/8 anyways sectional are fantastic in my opigion but im not a veteran and drain cleaning. the k 45 has paid for itself several times over. the autofeed is great.

i just absolutely HATE the pistol design... maybe im a ***** lol..... i have never took to em. i had a old gorlitz machine kinda like the k-40 with no autofeed but i loved that machine because you set it on the ground and deal with just the cable not trying to balance the pistol snake with one hand and what not.

ok so i guess its between the k-40 and the k-45 AF..... which one guys? what would you buy?

GETTINIT--- hey how is the rpm and power/torque on it? do you think it would work good? bummer on buying it then no use for it!! im sure it will pick up for you though.... speaking of NO work i got underbid by some mexican that barely spoke english on a WH today with no liscense and he was driving a dodge ram......... i show up in my sprinter box van with all the uber tools and knowledge and whatnot and they choose him because of the price...... **** some people..... i was pretty pissed off lol i was thinking of calling the local inspector on him but i think thats bad karma because we too sometimes dont pull permits for stuff, mainly do service and repair and dont want to hassle with permits but everything is to code.....obvisously some jobs require permits....repipes...replumb...gas repipes....re-route...water services...some WH.....liners......cleanouts......stuff that is kinda the "bigger" jobs..

end rant sorry
            Last edited by Matt T Service and Repair; 06-07-2012, 01:49 AM.

Comment

I use the 5/8 cable with the end taken off, heated up, opened up as a auger and used as the famous "Reverse Auger" that Rick talks about.

The male end that I took of the cable I machined the end of the fitting to fit into a battery drill and use that to connect onto the female end and join to the battery drill.

It works well and saves carrying the K 50 in the truck, if I need it longer I add more cables, great for hair in shower drains and quick to use.

Simon
              Last edited by Some Day Plumbing; 06-10-2012, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Pistol rodders such as the Spartan 700 with no auto feed absolutely suck as you need 3 hands to run them.

I have several K-39AF/K-45AF pistol rodders and love them all

The 2 lever Ridgid auto feed is the catz azz and is the best available on the market for a pistol style rodder. You don't need to run in reverse to retrieve the cable.
                Last edited by AssTyme; 06-10-2012, 01:04 PM.

Comment

I'm still in a love/hate relationship with the K-40.
                  Tubs and lavys it's a gem. If there's easy access I'll do the K-60 dance for kitchen sinks but that's a rarety because every kitchen cabinet I come across is crammed full. The K-40 works okay on kitchen (and laundry) stoppages if you use the 3/8" x 35' cable with the changeable heads. Seems like every time I grab it the stoppage is right at 40'

Comment

Tubs and showers I snake. I hate the drillguns too. I like the gorlitz go15.

Kitchens I use a little electric jetter. Have written much about it here before.

Lavs I usually jet, sometimes jet and snake after for hair wads the jetter can miss.
                    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                      I'm still in a love/hate relationship with the K-40.
                      Tubs and lavys it's a gem. If there's easy access I'll do the K-60 dance for kitchen sinks but that's a rarety because every kitchen cabinet I come across is crammed full. The K-40 works okay on kitchen (and laundry) stoppages if you use the 3/8" x 35' cable with the changeable heads. Seems like every time I grab it the stoppage is right at 40'
                      so for the k-40 you can use a 3/8 x 35' cable? do you have to change out the drum? that would be nice to just switch drums out real quick especially since its so light to carry

Comment

so for the k-40 you can use a 3/8 x 35' cable? do you have to change out the drum? that would be nice to just switch drums out real quick especially since its so light to carry
                        It has an inner drum. You could buy it for $25 or so.
                        AllurePlumbing.com
                        • leak detection
                        • drain cleaning
                        • utility locating
                        • conductor fault locating
                        • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

General Super Vee " TO INFINITY AND BEYOND "
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Ridgid C-61C 3/8" x 35' Innercore with male coupling. Hard to find but best cable for that machine IMO

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                              Ridgid C-61C 3/8" x 35' Innercore with male coupling. Hard to find but best cable for that machine IMO
                              so i pulled the trigger and bought a k-40...and ordered a 3/8x35 IC cable..... im very excited to try it out... .i get it tomorrow and have 3 stoppages for wednesday so ill let you know how i like it!! im like excited to go to work every time i buy new equipment and my shop jst ordered 5 systems for the trucks still only 5 out of 9 trucks will have them but im in the five. so im happy, we purchased the mini reel and dvdpak brand new! super happy about that since i have been using the deom from our rep for like two weeks and sold 9 camera jobs and used it do get us alot of dig up and liners lately. the dvdpak is super nice and easy and very convienent to make dvds and dont have to pull a cord since its on the battery pack. and the mini reel is great the pushrod is legit and the camera head is nice and small and the leds are bright so you can actually see whats going on in the line. new equipment makes me enjoy work lol

Comment

Working...
                              X