• Show
Clear All

Re: my new double barrel root rangers

Rick. You have a full message box and it won't send. Sad face

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
      Rick. You have a full message box and it won't send. Sad face

theplungerman, Ricks box stays full, I'm sure he will PM you with instructions on how to contact him privately:-) I'm not sure it is common knowledge or I would just tell you how, he is good about getting back to folks...

Comment

Well I got the specs for the Jetters. 6gpm 4k# is 27x43x43 275pd. The 9gpm 4k# is 32x43x47 375pd. I took measurements in my truck and want the smaller one to work. Will the smaller kick butt enough is the question.

Comment

Hey I think I'm hijacking this thread. This is an accident. It just hit me. Help me decide and I'll get a double barrel RR and be like Rick. Big smile

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
            Hey I think I'm hijacking this thread. This is an accident. It just hit me. Help me decide and I'll get a double barrel RR and be like Rick. Big smile
            You got a little something on your nose jk.

The single will work great with that smaller jetter.
            AllurePlumbing.com
            • leak detection
            • drain cleaning
            • utility locating
            • conductor fault locating
            • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

robert based on size and dimensions/ weight, i would go for the 6 at 4000#.

another 100# plus fuel and water in the tank, will rip your crane arm out of the truck.

6gpm at 4000# is deadly for anything in it's way. the double will have a slight drop in pressue with dual 4.5 nozzles, but you could sub to 3.0 or 3.5 and be right back up to 4000# at the pump. unless you do large scale jetting, 6 gpm will do 6'' and some 8'' and smaller. your next move will be a trailer jetter.

i'll see if i can send you an email with my info. if not a visitor message.

wednesday 830 am is start time. jack in the box for lunch is down the street 4 tacos and a chocolate shake will make me happy

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Dog food tacos my favorite. Sure my pleasure. Thanks for your input. I can rig the crane to not stress the arm. If u can't get 6gpm from the water supply can you run the jetter in such a way as to not harm it. I would be okay if at the times I can't get 6gpm I can still kick butt on the bad root intrusion in 6 inch clay, With the dbrr that is. Smile

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
                  6 gpm @ 4 k with a root ranger will handle 6" with roots no problem!

Problem is supplying the machine with water.. i have 5.5gpm @ 3500psi and certain houses with galv and or reducing valves at the meter i cant get enough water.

Thanks. When you have the problem of water supply can u hang w/o alot of drama getting a major league root intrusion out of 6inch. Like a little more time. Like only a little late for dinner, like not wishing you had 3 more gpm. Big smile
                  Last edited by theplungerman; 11-20-2012, 05:32 AM.

Comment

well robert showed up and got a chance to see the screwdriver nozzle in 2-4'' no hub and also the 3/8'' warthog nozzle in outside from curb to building area drains. along with the 3/8'' double root ranger and 1/4'' single root ranger tearing up a 2x4 within seconds at both 4000# and 3500# to show the power of the root ranger.

between all the shavings blasting on me and robert, i was holding the nozzle at least 6'' away from the 2x4. i know robert is a believer now

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

well robert showed up and got a chance to see the screwdriver nozzle in 2-4'' no hub and also the 3/8'' warthog nozzle in outside from curb to building area drains. along with the 3/8'' double root ranger and 1/4'' single root ranger tearing up a 2x4 within seconds at both 4000# and 3500# to show the power of the root ranger.

between all the shavings blasting on me and robert, i was holding the nozzle at least 6'' away from the 2x4. i know robert is a believer now

rick.

these cuts were done with the 1/4'' root ranger on a 300' section of 3/8'' hose running at either 4000 psi or 3500psi on a 4.5 nozzle. from approx 6'' away from the board. this is the standard root ranger 1/4'' nozzle as used in the ridgid kj 3000 and 3100 gas jetters.

the bottom of my pants are all shreaded wood from the cutting. literally a matter of seconds and the board was history.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 11-21-2012, 11:13 PM.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
                        Hi, I'm Robert. That root ranger is awesome,ridiculous,amazing,it kind of blew my mind. Its been a while since a tool has gotten me that excited, in fact it has gotten me the most excited yet. Rick was great showing me how his 2 jetters worked. The 18hp 5.5 3500, and the awesome and beautiful trailer jetter. Dont know specs. He also let me move his hoses around, turn his jetters on and off, sweep up the junk that came back and buy him lunch. Hes a great guy. Thanks again for the great lessons, i learned alot, had fun, and now can buy my first jetter with more confidence, you know, specs and all that. thanks again.

Comment

what robert didn't tell you is that i kept him far enough away from the dirt and water of jetting and he managed to keep his white tennis shoes and blue jeans clean.

that was until he wanted to take photos of the root ranger in action and we both ended up eating wood.

he shot video too, but might he might not be able to upload it for all to see.

thanks for the tacos and chocolate shake.

what are you doing next wednesday. i have another complex to do

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Lunch? your welcome. Next wed? hopefully getting another jetting lesson from you. yeah root ranger rocks, everyone with a jetter should have 1. thanks

Comment

How many gpm and psi for it to make sense to get a double barrel RR. Thanks

Comment

your machine will work with the standard twin # 4.5 nozzles at a reduced psi output.

bill can swap out the rotors to a slightly smaller orifice and that will maintain your 4000#.

or you can swap out the standard rr to a larger rotor orifice and get the full flow from your machine. probably a # 5.5 or a # 6 rotor and still a little for the front jet.

rick.
                                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                                X