Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: my new double barrel root rangers

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    your machine will work with the standard twin # 4.5 nozzles at a reduced psi output.

bill can swap out the rotors to a slightly smaller orifice and that will maintain your 4000#.

or you can swap out the standard rr to a larger rotor orifice and get the full flow from your machine. probably a # 5.5 or a # 6 rotor and still a little for the front jet.

rick.
    coo,,l thanks rick.. this is fun, i love the sound and the performance of a root ranger

Comment

i got back to the sewer inspection and jetting job that i almost rolled my sprinter on. this time i had my buddy tow my trailer there as it required 4wd to make the turn from the 33% grade into the driveway with a 3500# jetting trailer without water.

of course since i didn't take my sprinter this time, i had to make sure i was prepared with my seesnake equipment and my jetting equipment. made sure the root rangers were on board and ready to finish off the job.

that it did. it was so impressive that at 38' out at the sewer saddle connection i was still getting a jet stream blow back and the instant i hit the saddle the blow back stopped.

nothing like a nozzle that gives a visual when you're in the city main.

rick.

the double root ranger showing off for the camera. you better know what you're doing because if this gets away from you, something serious can happen or someone can die. dead serious.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 12-10-2012, 02:32 AM.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        the double root ranger showing off for the camera. you better know what you're doing because if this gets away from you, something serious can happen or someone can die. dead serious.
        Foot pedal? Smile. I know how intense my RR is,,,,, that I'm sure is serious indeed, which dbrr did you use?
        Last edited by theplungerman; 12-10-2012, 04:08 AM.

Comment

the trailer has a hand held remote. not as quick or as safe as a foot pedal, but with large volumes of water, a foot pedal is not practical.

here is the photo of the vent 90 that i was hung up on a few weeks ago when i first attempted from the basement at 51' away. as you can see, the 90 should have never been used. that's why it cost them a second trip and why the contractor had to bust concrete and dig another hole.

rick.

vent 90 that was removed to install proper fitting and allow for maintenance.

blow back from the pipe and joint that was not made correctly. they shoved the 4'' abs into a cement hub without re-pouring a joint or using a band. the red stripe is a 10' mark on the hose. the connection is approx 7' deep.

sewer connection/ saddle is 38' from the top of the c/o. as seen you can see the blowback from just before the entry into the saddle. at that point, the blowback stops. easy to tell when you hit the main or a wye.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 12-10-2012, 12:00 PM.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I must say that I'm just impressed with the numbers you're getting from a cart jetter. Using my boss's gorlitz 3000, root jobs didn't seem possible. Now that I'm going to pursue my license, a cart jetter could be a very profitable tool.

Comment

Originally posted by JK949 View Post
              I must say that I'm just impressed with the numbers you're getting from a cart jetter. Using my boss's gorlitz 3000, root jobs didn't seem possible. Now that I'm going to pursue my license, a cart jetter could be a very profitable tool.
              This is ricks double barrel RR thread. He is using a trailer jetter, with lots and lots of juice. Not a cart jetter. Smile, good luck.

Comment

Rick, you say you got hung up. Do you mean you couldn't get through? Or had time bringing it back. Did you try another nozzle? Or just the dbrr? Would a single rr or warthog get hung up in the same situation. Is getting by one thing but getting back another.
                I like the info on the ceasing of blow back. That's useful.
                Also makes sense why a foot pedal isn't practical.

Comment

both. this was the job from hell it's the one i almost rolled my sprinter and had to get a buddy to tow my jetter off the steep street. the vent 90 was not something easily identified from the camera inspection. in fact how in the hell would use a vent 90 on a sewer line. not something you expect.

tried my 3/8'' hose and warthog. managed to vibrate the hose and nozzle past the vent 90. but played hell from 51' away to vibrate it back out. the combination of hose crimp and warthog i sa much longer bend radius than the 4'' vent 90. did manage to get my 1/4'' hose and screwdriver nozzle through to get it to drain. marked the concrete for the contractor to repair his work on this spec/ flip house.

originally they cut in a comby just before the vent 90. when i showed up i said hell no cut it out and install the comby like it should be. 1 week later it was ready to jet and camera. had my buddy tow the jetter both ways and loaded up my camera in his truck too.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

I understand why it would be difficult to notice a vent fitting with the camera. Did u make the 'had to be dug up' call solely on the jetter nozzles getting hung up in that spot. If so that's gutsy or mega experience,, or both. Hats off.

Comment

Working...
                    X