X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new double barrel root rangers

thought i would start a different thread for the double barrel root ranger. my original thread on the root ranger focuses on the original single barrel root ranger and larger single barrel 1/2'' threaded root ranger.

here is the link to that thread for those that are interested in the traditional 1/4'' standard root ranger or the larger 1/2'' monster root ranger. https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t27280/

of course if you're here, then you're interested in the new double barrel root rangers. so read on and continue to come back as i will be filling in this thread with new action shots and some videos including a clear test pipe with the double rr in action.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Re: my new double barrel root rangers

had a chance to video the double barrel root ranger yesterday. DOUBLE BARREL ROOT RANGER - YouTube

this is the twin .045 turbines, the real power comes when it's paired up to a monster machine. in my case i was running my 4000 psi x 18 gpm jetter. the specs on the double nozzle should be around 9 gpm at 4000 psi total using 3/8'' hose x 75'. the pulling power is crazy. the coverage is much more than a single root ranger.

rick.
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 06-06-2012, 11:21 PM.
    phoebe it is

Comment

had a chance to really play with it today on 2 of the 3 jobs i did today. didn't want to chance it on a 3'' line so i used the single barrel root ranger on that one instead.

once again the pulling power is like a freight train. if you're impressed by the single barrel root ranger, you'll be more than double impressed by the double root ranger. the head on the double has been designed as a spear head cutter that will plow through most stoppages and roots to allow the rear twin turbines to do their magic.

here is a shot of the catch i pulled back today on a 4'' line into a 6'' main.

he's some of the jet blast coming back from 45' downstream running at 4000# in a 4'' line.

rick.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 06-06-2012, 11:17 PM.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Awesome !

Comment

Did you have two change the nozzles or were they already sized for your jetter?
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

this one is sized .045 x 2 should be 9 gpm total at 4000#. the .045 is the standard root ranger single nozzle.

the other one is a .070 x 2 should be approx. 14 gpm at 4000#. these were sized for my big jetter. both look identical except the jetting is larger. same bodies and rotors. 3/8'' fip.

next friday, i'll let you take them for a test drive.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Man when are you going to move up to using quick disconnects? Just Kidding Rick I still twist them on ( cost too much to loose one)
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

honestly the quick disconnect is too much of a chance and it will lenghten my bend radius. takes me under a minute to stop the water and swap out nozzles or even lees to swap a hose.

cuda, are you using a double root ranger yet. if not it will blow you away.

i'm thinking about a quadzilla 3 rears and 1 front. nothing will stand in it's way.

the pull is amazing with the right jetter. the head is like a spear and the power will plow through allowing the jet turbines to destroy the mass.

so far retrieving it has not been an issue

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

the more i use it, the more i'm amazed with what it can do.

only had a 3'' outside abs c/o that picked up a 4'' main underground downstream. line 100% plugged with ficus roots in a 6'' lateral. figured i'll try to see if the double barrel root ranger can navigate the 3'' and drop into the 4'' then continue into the 6'' main.

i doubt they designed the double for a 3'' line with 90's, but guess what? it navigated the 3'' into the 4'' and cleared the 6'' to the 60' mark before i pulled it back. coming back was not a real challenge as it got stuck, i just powered it up and went downstream, turning the hose to find the proper angle to pull back out of the 3'' pipe and fittings.

home owner was use to every 6 months of snaking due to a 3'' c/o. i was recommended by the regular plumber to jet the line. something tells me the double root ranger will not be back for a while

enjoy the photos.

sludge and roots washing back from the 3'' c/o.

rick.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 06-13-2012, 12:28 AM.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

What about the extention so it doesn't come back on you? Need or not? The ranger pushed through alright? Not hard?
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

i would think that it would have to be a 8'' or larger line. most of my access points are 3-4''. this pulls so hard, the only chance of it flipping is in a city main.

remember this was a 6'' main line stoppage with ficus roots. took some time to get the rotors to the roots. once you can punch a hole, the roots are history as there is nothing that the twin rotors at 4000# can't cut.

i'll show you friday bring a 4x4 for fun.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

What we should do is get a free tree on CL then blast the roots off. You would look very impressive then.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

ben, you remember how hard my 1/2'' root ranger pulled on that overhead condo job. you couldn't pull it back until i turned down the pressure.

the double barrel will drag you down the line

maybe i'll rig up a trigger gun and let you have a blast at a tree. be ready to yell timber

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

im gonna have to get up there and come to a jetter call with you and witness this beast in action... maybe i can talk my bosses into getting one... but their philosphy is cant clear it dig it up.............

Comment

the nozzle is the cheap part. it's the jetter that gets to be expensive.

could of used you today. all day jetting 2 different projects.

you gotto come out for our next plumbers dinner with the gang. we typically meet every month.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X