X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why......???

I've ran across this several times now and have to ask, why ??? Is there a possible reason for this ???

Basement stack with cleanout facing outside wall.

Re: Why......???

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
    I've ran across this several times now and have to ask, why ??? Is there a possible reason for this ???

Basement stack with cleanout facing outside wall.

My guess is that the guy who installed it thought that he would get "less wet" when he pulled the test ball out after the stack test.

Comment

It starts out as a young child,and a negligent Mother ! Little Boy left alone in His bath tub start drinking His own WATER !
      Later starts in the trade ,Passes the crayon test for RR !
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

My only guess is to tie in and run it through the wall with a plug flush with the wall. It would still ne a royal pain in the a#$ to make the turn but....If this was the original intention, the mason moved the pipe out of his way so they plugged it.

If it is a wall with backfill, they were just idiots.
        AllurePlumbing.com
        • leak detection
        • drain cleaning
        • utility locating
        • conductor fault locating
        • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
          My only guess is to tie in and run it through the wall with a plug flush with the wall. It would still ne a royal pain in the a#$ to make the turn but....If this was the original intention, the mason moved the pipe out of his way so they plugged it.

If it is a wall with backfill, they were just idiots.

Yes & yes.

Comment

Mrs. Smith I want to be able to clean this line 100 % for You. So at cost I will support the pipe at the ceiling with a clamp and 2 -2x4s, make a cut here and there, then i will rotate the clean out and install these 2 Stainless Steel fernco couplings.
            Your cost for this is only $200.00. Yes ,I know RR Has come here many times and done a sad cleaning job . But I care about My customers , and take pride in My work! Of course the clamp N 2x4s come off after ferncos are tightened
            Last edited by toolaholic; 06-11-2012, 09:12 AM.
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

That is what they taught us online plumbing 101

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                Mrs. Smith i want to be able to clean this line 100 % for you. So at cost i will support the pipe at the ceiling with a clamp and 2 -2x4s, make a cut here and there, then i will rotate the clean out and install these 2 stainless steel fernco couplings.
                Your cost for this is only $200.00. Yes ,i know rr has come here many times and done a sad cleaning job . But i care about my customers , and take pride in my work! Of course the clamp n 2x4s come off after ferncos are tightened
                I had one like that in Port Orchard, WA. A few years ago, but the difference was the Wye was turned to the right and someone in the past had hammered in a block of wood !
                But that is what I did is explain that she needed a new clean out installed and because I had been there before
                and even though her husband was deployed overseas at the time he still trusted me to do the work,
                Last edited by JERRYMAC; 06-11-2012, 05:21 PM.
                JERRYMAC
                E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Around here the clean outs are installed fscing the direction of flow.
                  Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                  A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                  Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                  Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

You're a good Man Jerry

Comment

Even if the caps against a wall?

Comment

how's this for a cleanout.

bathroom wall shares the wall with the living room. c/o is facing the carpeted living room.

even better. bathroom is shared wall with the neighbors unit. c/o is in the neighbors unit that serves the other unit

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          how's this for a cleanout.

bathroom wall shares the wall with the living room. c/o is facing the carpeted living room.

even better. bathroom is shared wall with the neighbors unit. c/o is in the neighbors unit that serves the other unit

rick.
                          that happens alot down here.... one of our big accounts is a 700 townhome complex.... they are ALL like that at first everyone was mad about it but now we have the green light to cut the wall open and spin the CO to face the right way... so not a big deal but still DUMB install to begin with

Comment

You must have great inspectors !

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                              You must have great inspectors !
                              right our inspectors here its like a coin toss.... either you get a good one or a horrible one.... for that complex im pretty sure the inspector was the cousin of the builder.... if ya catch my drift

Comment

Working...
                              X