Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: drill and eel

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    simon, the metric to american measurement should be 15' glad you guys downunder are using our american trick. just like the root ranger trick you've shared with us.

have you seen my double barrel root ranger post? bills got a winner

rick.
    Sorry Rick you are correct, I did know it was 15' but forgot,

Bill is on a winner with the Double barrel root ranger.

Simon

Comment

16+ years of running the drill and eel you can't go wrong it's a beast "I Know that guy in the video" Light, powerful and get in tight spaces it's a win win....
      Rod
      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
      http://unclognh.com
      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

I really should remake the video to see it better now that we have WIFI finally and that I lost 50lbs lol......
        Rod
        MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
        Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
        http://unclognh.com
        http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
          I really should remake the video to see it better now that we have WIFI finally and that I lost 50lbs lol......

hey Rod could you make another video but a little more involved.... and better quality lol

like going through the whole job would be sweet im interested the time saving involved and cant wait to pick up a setup but im kinda bummed i waited so long now that industromart is not selling them anymore

guess im gonna have to call AJ coleman which sucks because i dont have any part numbers to look at on their website....

i want a adapter to run electric ell heads on my spartan cable this way i dont spend money on two sets of cutters.... one for my spartan 300 and other for drill and eel only (trying to save some money this way)

want a good spade head
          want a root cutter 3'',4''
          want a sludge buster 3'',4''
          and want a 4x6 cutter for finishing lines
          also want that 12'' spring leader with spade head it think?
          want all 1.25'' cable
          want 2-4' sections
          want 15-8' footers
          want 1- 10' footer to drop in the roof first to get down the vent stack and then run the 8' from there
          also want the adapter thingy to make it work in my SUPER HOLE HAWG

and 2 to 3 motorcycle tires or has anyone used/ or use the electric eel rels or whatever ?

and anyone know those part numbers for what i listed?

Comment

You don't need part numbers with AJ Coleman. Talk to Marv, he's probably got every part number memorized.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt T Service and Repair View Post
              hey Rod could you make another video but a little more involved.... and better quality lol

like going through the whole job would be sweet im interested the time saving involved and cant wait to pick up a setup but im kinda bummed i waited so long now that industromart is not selling them anymore

guess im gonna have to call AJ coleman which sucks because i dont have any part numbers to look at on their website....

i want a adapter to run electric ell heads on my spartan cable this way i dont spend money on two sets of cutters.... one for my spartan 300 and other for drill and eel only (trying to save some money this way)

want a good spade head
              want a root cutter 3'',4''
              want a sludge buster 3'',4''
              and want a 4x6 cutter for finishing lines
              also want that 12'' spring leader with spade head it think?
              want all 1.25'' cable
              want 2-4' sections
              want 15-8' footers
              want 1- 10' footer to drop in the roof first to get down the vent stack and then run the 8' from there
              also want the adapter thingy to make it work in my SUPER HOLE HAWG

and 2 to 3 motorcycle tires or has anyone used/ or use the electric eel rels or whatever ?

and anyone know those part numbers for what i listed?

Drill & Eel isn't any quicker or cleaner than running your drum but it does get the job done sometimes even going where other machines can't

What size cable are you running in your 300 ?

PM me your e-mail address I'll send you the Eel catalog in PDF format.

I use Eel cages & rear motorcycle tires, very stable.

Comment

running .55 in my 300 machine just got it actually form our spartan rep the sparshine sh1t or whatever.. like that cable alot and saw our fyasko about the breaking and flipping such a bummer man!

pm sent

Comment

running .55 in my 300 machine just got it actually form our spartan rep the sparshine sh1t or whatever.. like that cable alot and saw our fyasko about the breaking and flipping such a bummer man!

pm sent

Not sure if I'd want to run the beefy/heavy Eel cutters with the .55 ???

I also couldn't find anybody that offered the adapter for the .55 to Eel and I had called several places.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                    Not sure if I'd want to run the beefy/heavy Eel cutters with the .55 ???

I also couldn't find anybody that offered the adapter for the .55 to Eel and I had called several places.
                    They have it from .66 to 3/4 to eel but was told not to use it unless it was a straight run due to all of those fittings so close together.....I called AJ Coleman. They did recommend the 3/4 to eel adapter.
                    AllurePlumbing.com
                    • leak detection
                    • drain cleaning
                    • utility locating
                    • conductor fault locating
                    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

only head i would use i probally the 12'' spring leader with spade head or whatever it is.... POSSIBLY a 3'' root saw at times as well as the sludge pusher i couldnt see those being a problem considering spartan offers the same style heads for the .55 but there heads and cutters arent as nice as the eel's

and hey asstyme 5/8 is the same as .55 isnt it if so this adapter is right up our alley SP-43 the spartan pin lock for the cable and eel's dual tool adapter chingas
                      Last edited by Matt T Service and Repair; 07-05-2012, 07:33 PM.

Comment

only head i would use i probally the 12'' spring leader with spade head or whatever it is.... POSSIBLY a 3'' root saw at times as well as the sludge pusher i couldnt see those being a problem considering spartan offers the same style heads for the .55 but there heads and cutters arent as nice as the eel's

and hey asstyme 5/8 is the same as .55 isnt it if so this adapter is right up our alley SP-43 the spartan pin lock for the cable and eel's dual tool adapter chingas
                        5/8'' = .625'' compared to your .55'' which is slightly larger than 1/2''. i wouldn't use anything big on a .55'' cable.

adapters just make the connections longer and therefore create a larger bend radius. wye's are not the issue. it's the 90's

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

The Spartan .55 and 5/8" pin lock connectors are different. Most Eel cutters are very heavy I'm not sure I'd want to use them on anything smaller than .66 or 3/4".

The 1" wide pear cutters work best with the .55.
                          Last edited by AssTyme; 07-05-2012, 10:19 PM.

Comment

what holder have you settled with?
                            AllurePlumbing.com
                            • leak detection
                            • drain cleaning
                            • utility locating
                            • and other specialties.

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
                              what holder have you settled with?

The only one that's designed to hold the pair cutters is the brass style.

LARGE BRASS HOLDER

Comment

I have some flat bottom offsets and they do not make a specific holder but have been told by others it will be fine. I thought that was what you were referring to.
                                AllurePlumbing.com
                                • leak detection
                                • drain cleaning
                                • utility locating
                                • and other specialties.

Comment

Working...
                                X