X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why the price difference in pumps

I use ar pumps. 5.5 @4(?...5? I don't remember), direct drive, the rkv series. One relatively new, one ~4 yrs old. I abuse them recklessly. The older one has a small leak on the inlet side and has done for years. Appeared when I hugely overpressured it one day. I tried new seals once, still leaks, I quit worrying about it. At ~$400/pump I just don't care. They are disposable items to me. There is a brand new one on my shelf for when one dies.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I'd just get a gear reducing pump if your wanting the 6, 7, 8 gpm range at 3500psi+. Get a 24 hp motor and a gear reducing pump in the 6-8gpm range and your in business. Get you a Warthog or Root Ranger and get out there making money. Do you plan on using a trailer or do you plan on mounting it in your Step Van? Don't over engineer your jetter, they are very simple machines, no matter what the name brands out there say(US Jet, Harben, Spartan etc) there is not much to a jetter. Pump, Motor, and Hoses, don't over think it.
      Will Rogers Plumbing
      Moore, Oklahoma
      (
      405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
      http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

LOL, sorry if there's one thing I do is overthink stuff. I rarely act on impulse when I buy stuff and I keep and use tools forever. Will, how did you you like the dual pump setup? Any pros or cons to it since you've had it for awhile?
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I prefer to use them as single cart jetter over in unison. If I was to do it again I would get a 24 hp Honda and a single geared pump around 6-8 gpm. I rarely would need more than that, as I still use my cables more than my jetter anyway. Plus I do mostly residential over commercial.
          Will Rogers Plumbing
          Moore, Oklahoma
          (
          405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
          http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

According to my opinion cheap things give service but it's time period is less but if you purchase costly things then obviously it's cost is high but definitely this gives you better service than cheap one....

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X