• Show
Clear All

Re: I broke down.........k-45AF won.

well you live up to your screen name.

You are an

and a waste of

Comment

Armchair commando. Just another loser in life to walk over.

On to better things...Matt, never heard of that piece but it's definently nice. I'll definently take you up on the offer to go shooting one day. Rick, you in?
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

of course. tools are not my only toys

how about fishing too

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

haha yeah lets do this... and hey on the fishing note if you guys are game i could take you spearfishing off the laguna or palos verdes coastline.... not that is fun and its a great workout! when is another phcc or tradeshow? i wanna meet you guys and walk around and check out the new tools/gadgets never been to a tradeshow out here

Comment

next thing this direction is a ridgid road show at the fergusons distribution hub in pomona. not sure the exact date.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Went spearfishing all the time when I lived in Okinawa and Hawai'i. Never done it here so you gotta show me how it's done in the kelp.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I say screw the trade show and go to the swapmeet this weekend? What you all say?
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

phoebe has swim class on sundays. saturday is booked.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

yeah my wifes b day is sunday so this weekend is outta the question for me... but this swapmeet you speak of has a ton of tools huh? I am ALWAYS down to go look at tools lol

Comment

I think so, maybe you've seen different but I like this place.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

ok well once our schedules line up im game for that... for sure! and hey heres some of my tig skillz... this is on my engine brace on my ford ranger i built..its all powdercoated with wrinkle finish now.. i think next time im going to just clear coat all the metal work on it.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Now that's nice but as I said, I'm not a great welder so who am I to judge?.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

matt, i think your calling is as a welder. wait till "tool" sees your work. you're hired

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

you know i was a welder for a little bit but it was a hoby that turned into work for me and..... to be hinest took all the fun out if it. i did NOT enjoy weling 40+ hours a week..... thats why i went back into plumbing... but hey i helped out 2 customers today...

Got my first call right after i hung up with rick this morning... tub stoppage....RR was out there for 5 hours yesterday couldnt clear it... .then another company went out there and also couldnt clear line... so i show up and determine im gonna try running my new k45-af through the waste and overflow.... ran it three times could not get it to jump the trap with the 5/16 bulb head cable...so i go outside and put in a 1/4x35 open hook(trimmed down a tad) spartan cable...try it FIRST attempt right through no problem then at like 3-4 ft past trap bang hit the stoppage(right at the san tee drop i think)... bang tub is draining.....so pull cable back and grab a very large wad of hair... ran it twice more just for shits and giggles to make sure line was clean collect on and on to the next one...

Second job of the day another real big company that i will not name and another small local shop (that i know real well) were out on this job like 4-5 days ago and couldnt clear the lines... old part of town 1920-1940's built homes... kitchen stoppage and lav stoppage.... show up and shortly figure out they are actually indivudal stoppages.... so run my new k-40 through a 2'' CO and bang clear line.... was a little tough but the k40 just went through it pretty well. run copious amounts of hot water ..... were good, then use our micro reel and line looks good gave a good warranty on line... then go to the lav stoppage... run it from the vent stack on outside wall(disconnected the no hub) with my nice new k45AF with that open hook i put on.... about 6 feet out bang clear line... autofeed it back in and another large wad of hair and black nasty sludge.... so i then jet out line nice and clean and inspect line with the micro reel.....line also looks good customer gets another warranty... then she ask me hey can you snake the tub ...i havent used it in years because it backed up and i just left it right when she said that i was like D@MN IT... but of course i said no problem lemme give it a shot.... so pull the overflow plate. and discover that in one point in time someone had broke off a bucket and wire in the line and just left it and put a 2hole cover plate on it and split luckily they broke it off in the open position.... so i try to get the damn thing out for like 30 mins to cable it with the k45 but to no avail.... at this point im DETERMINED to clear this line... so i get the tub to hold water the help start loosening everything up a little bit and decide im gonna stuff rags in the overflow(plus the old broken bucket that was seized in there, it worked in my advantage) and plung the damn thing..... i start plunging away like a madman and about three minutes of plunging and bang clear line and then gave her a price to replace the waste and overflow and trap.... and she started laughing I was like whats so funny.... she showed me a invoice from my dad from 1989 with a price to replace the same thing.... except my dad couldnt clear the line

O and i saw the large companies invoice and estimate to replace the trap and waste and overflow... for $6712.00 I mean yeah you gotta jackhammer up part of the bathroom and access is limited, so it would be a semi PITA job to do but DAMN! thats rediciloius...

haha i thought that was funny that i handled what my dad couldnt and he is like(or atleast he thinks) the snake and drain master! .... but yeah the k45 worked like a charm and so did the k-40.... these machines are now paid off already......

Comment

I like to argue about anything. But, it seems like, maybe some guys use a crescent wrench to take out the drain plug, and others use a set of channel locks. While others use a pipe wrench.

Point is we probably all do something different. Maybe this plumber likes drums because his dad did and it holds nostalgia for him. Maybe that's just what his boss supplied. Maybe, he just uses what he wants.

So why threats and insults. Its petty and really detracts from everything.

I've used drums and sectionals. It doesn't matter to Me anymore, I can UN stop a drain with anything. I've actually UN stopped a drain with clobber that a cable couldn't. I've used coat hangers. Wires. Chemicals. Anger. Luck. Determination. And sometimes the right tool for the job.

If it was my money, I would carry a k50, k1500 and a Spartan drum machine. Those are just my personal favorites. I am comfortable using them and that is what matters.

Comment

Working...
                                X