X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I broke down.........k-45AF won.

So i broke down and bought a K-45af and used it today at my house going through traps and what not lol but i frigging LOVE IT it should compliment my k-40 i just bought and used and also LOVED....so i also bought some cables for the k-45 i got a 1/4x35 drop head and a 1/4x35 open hook. And obvisously have a 5/16x35 Speedbump ridgid cable. So im going to use this machine for lavs....TUBS and maybe even shower drains..... i HATE pistol guns but this thing is absolutely amazing LOVE the autofeed.... right through traps(ive tired a 1.5 glue trap ABS and a 2'' abs trap and the dreaded 1.5 cast trap) NO problem but im sure im gonna run into a 1.5 tapped galvy trap of death.

And So for the k-40 after i used it i decided i wanted to run a 3/8 cable in it so i ordered the 3/8 ridgid conversion with inner drum and torque arm and t250 tool kit.... now im gonna be using this for kitchens and floor drains and laundry lines...... if that doesnt do it ill use my spartan model 100 machine or my model 717 spartan jetter that actually is a lil beast... anyways had to share my new snakes to you guys i might be turning into a ridgid (snake) kinda guy.. ive been die hard spartan drum machine whore my whole life.... and what tooling do you guys use for grease and sludge build up in kitchem lines with a 3/8 cable out of the t250 kit? and any other head you prefer for greaase, sludge that fits on the male coupling end of a 3/8 cable? Pretty much what are your favorite tools or heads for a 3/8 cable being powered by the k-40 or any other machine with relative specs.

And asstyme was correct it is NIGHT AND DAY difference between no autofeed vs autofeed especially in pistol guns.....

next i might be having to slowly put together a drill and eel set........ as long as im making $$$ (sold two repipes in two weeks yayayayayayayya)
    Last edited by Matt T Service and Repair; 06-19-2012, 08:27 PM.

Re: I broke down.........k-45AF won.

the cutter of choice for my 5/8'' sectional cable which will also fit your 3/8'' with the snap pin coupler is the 4 blade t- 213/ 1'' t-214, 1 3/8'' cutter and the t-215, 1 3/4'' cutter. of course the never fails reverse auger is my go to problem solver. remember i'm able to get 5/8'' sectional cable through a 1.5'' trap

the 5/8'' open wind cable will eat the the 1/4'', 5/16'' and 3/8'' cables for lunch. eventually you will see that a sectional machine is the way to fly. especially for a kitchen sink that's more than your 35' cable will go.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      the cutter of choice for my 5/8'' sectional cable which will also fit your 3/8'' with the snap pin coupler is the 4 blade t- 213/ 1'' t-214, 1 3/8'' cutter and the t-215, 1 3/4'' cutter. of course the never fails reverse auger is my go to problem solver. remember i'm able to get 5/8'' sectional cable through a 1.5'' trap

the 5/8'' open wind cable will eat the the 1/4'', 5/16'' and 3/8'' cables for lunch. eventually you will see that a sectional machine is the way to fly. especially for a kitchen sink that's more than your 35' cable will go.

rick.

if that happens ill use my model 100 with 13/32x100 with plenty of cutter/head combos... and yayayayayayayaayayay sectional this that and the other.... i like drums lol CONTINIOUS hahah ... and the four blade works good for grease huh? interesting i might have to get the 1 3/8 one... looks like it would work pretty well...

Comment

remember that what i can do with a sectional, doesn't mean it can be done with a drum.

the sectional has an instant acting clutch. case in point. put your drum with cutter into a line 1' and have it lock up. see how fast that cable will either kink or jump from the drum as the weight of the drum on your machine will not stop in time to save yourself from a kink or a break.

with the sectional, i can throttle the cable from a full stop to a high speed spin in under a second.

so a word of caution. some of the sectional cutters were never designed for a drum machine. especially when the cable is not too far into the line and there is a lot of weight in the drum and not much spring in the line to absorb a sudden lockup.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

.................. lol

Comment

remember that what i can do with a sectional, doesn't mean it can be done with a drum.

the sectional has an instant acting clutch. case in point. put your drum with cutter into a line 1' and have it lock up. see how fast that cable will either kink or jump from the drum as the weight of the drum on your machine will not stop in time to save yourself from a kink or a break.

with the sectional, i can throttle the cable from a full stop to a high speed spin in under a second.

so a word of caution. some of the sectional cutters were never designed for a drum machine. especially when the cable is not too far into the line and there is a lot of weight in the drum and not much spring in the line to absorb a sudden lockup.

rick.

Get that torque less K-Stupid stuck in a line and it won't have enough balls to get it's self out. Some have actually used a drum machine to get the stuck sectional cable out

I'm just sayin'............................

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
              Get that torque less K-Stupid stuck in a line and it won't have enough balls to get it's self out. Some have actually used a drum machine to get the stuck sectional cable out

I'm just sayin'............................
              maybe some with no experience. amazing how you keep knocking the k-60 while more and more people are using the k-60 with good results. it also happens to outsell the drum machines.

of the thousands of times i've used the k-60, the 2 times i've been stuck, nothing was going to get the cable out. 1 time it was in a styrene area drain where the cable worked its way out from the pipe and dug into roots outside the pipe. the other time was a fluke as the cable flipped in the base of a 4'' comby at the connector. went about 20' while still being able to spin the cable both upstream and downstream before i realized what happened in the plugged sewer.

i haven't carried a drum machine in my truck for over 4 years and have not failed in clearing thousands of lines. including the 1 i did saturday where the other company had cabled the line, camered the line, jetted the line and gave them a $12,000. price to replace the 4'' line days earlier.

i go there to camera the line to see what they were trying to sell and the line was already plugged 3 days after they did all that work. nothing the sectional couldn't easily clear in a matter of minutes. i got an opportunity to watch the other companies video yesterday, after all their cable and jetter work. what a joke. my video shows a much cleaner line with only 1 pass of my 4'' spiral root saw.

they're going to have me jet it to cut out the roots that are coming in down a test tee and wye that can't be accessed or cut with a snake. i told them no hurry as my cable cleaning will buy them more than enough time to make a decision with the board and management co.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

maybe some with no experience. amazing how you keep knocking the k-60 while more and more people are using the k-60 with good results. it also happens to outsell the drum machines.

of the thousands of times i've used the k-60, the 2 times i've been stuck, nothing was going to get the cable out. 1 time it was in a styrene area drain where the cable worked its way out from the pipe and dug into roots outside the pipe. the other time was a fluke as the cable flipped in the base of a 4'' comby at the connector. went about 20' while still being able to spin the cable both upstream and downstream before i realized what happened in the plugged sewer.

i haven't carried a drum machine in my truck for over 4 years and have not failed in clearing thousands of lines. including the 1 i did saturday where the other company had cabled the line, camered the line, jetted the line and gave them a $12,000. price to replace the 4'' line days earlier.

i go there to camera the line to see what they were trying to sell and the line was already plugged 3 days after they did all that work. nothing the sectional couldn't easily clear in a matter of minutes. i got an opportunity to watch the other companies video yesterday, after all their cable and jetter work. what a joke. my video shows a much cleaner line with only 1 pass of my 4'' spiral root saw.

they're going to have me jet it to cut out the roots that are coming in down a test tee and wye that can't be accessed or cut with a snake. i told them no hurry as my cable cleaning will buy them more than enough time to make a decision with the board and management co.

rick.

Rick, you are a very knowledgeable person but on the other hand totally one dimensional/out of line with your 24/7 throning of the K-Stupid. You need to get off of this forum & log on to some others to see what the majority of professional drain/sewer cleaners are using and what they are saying about this thing.

Comment

Lets talk some more about the K-45AF.

A superb pistol rodder it is

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                    Rick, you are a very knowledgeable person but on the other hand totally one dimensional/out of line with your 24/7 throning of the K-Stupid. You need to get off of this forum & log on to some others to see what the majority of professional drain/sewer cleaners are using and what they are saying about this thing.
                    have you no knowledge of the fact that i own everything from ridgid, general and spartan. not to mention my very first pistol, a milwaukee. and have used them for 37 years. my statements are based on using every machine and coming to the conclusion that the k-60 is the 1 machine that will take the place of several machines. is it the only machine i have in the truck, of course not. but it is the machine i've used for the last 5 years exclusive over a drum machine. i also keep a 1.25'' sectional with timberwolf, k-50 and k-39 on the truck. the jetter stays at the shop until i tow it to several jobs that day.

have not needed a drum for the last 4-5 years and i'm sitting on over 12 of them right now. including several still in the box.

there has not been 1 stoppage in that time i've walked away from still clogged. not 1 that i needed to dig open to get it open. unlike all the garbage i see being done by others.

you really try to knock a machine you actually own. when do you use it? where do you use it? how many drains in 2 years have you not opened? how do you carry your big drum machine through the snow in wisconsin? wouldn't it be easier to hand carry a 45# machine over a 250# machine especially in the snow? please educate me as it doesn't snow here.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Comment

have you no knowledge of the fact that i own everything from ridgid, general and spartan. not to mention my very first pistol, a milwaukee. and have used them for 37 years. my statements are based on using every machine and coming to the conclusion that the k-60 is the 1 machine that will take the place of several machines. is it the only machine i have in the truck, of course not. but it is the machine i've used for the last 5 years exclusive over a drum machine. i also keep a 1.25'' sectional with timberwolf, k-50 and k-39 on the truck. the jetter stays at the shop until i tow it to several jobs that day.

have not needed a drum for the last 4-5 years and i'm sitting on over 12 of them right now. including several still in the box.

there has not been 1 stoppage in that time i've walked away from still clogged. not 1 that i needed to dig open to get it open. unlike all the garbage i see being done by others.

you really try to knock a machine you actually own. when do you use it? where do you use it? how many drains in 2 years have you not opened? how do you carry your big drum machine through the snow in wisconsin? wouldn't it be easier to hand carry a 45# machine over a 250# machine especially in the snow? please educate me as it doesn't snow here.

rick.

so whats up rick let me buy one ill drive up to you hand you a wad of cash then buy you a beer or whatever you drink......

Comment

good luck, rick is an awsome friend and a great guy but he will not sell you one of his tools. Wait for the spring fling to buy one and you'll get the 5/8 kit with it.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

who knows. phoebe needs a new pair of shoes

everything has a price.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Hey rick when you gunna come to Wisconsin so I can school your azz ???

Comment

Working...
                              X