X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetter nighmare

Had about 12' of 6" pvc filled with asphalt. That would be 12 from street level down and a few foot in the sewer drain. That 1/2" Warthog is a beast but the asphalt just kept creeping down.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Re: Jetter nighmare

did the line have an opening to let the nozzle go forward? or was it solidly packed and had to dig through the asphalt stoppage.

i can tell you from all the nozzles i own. 5 asst. warthogs and 6 asst. root rangers. the root ranger will blow concrete off the sidewalk. there is nothing out there that can cut like a root ranger. of course you need to get the rotor to the problem. no real forward jet to speak of.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

im sure you already thought of this but what about a penetrating nozzle to get through it..... then new nozzle to a chain flail... then the warthog/RR.not in exact order or what not you catch my drift though.. again im sure the situation was not that easy but no pictures!!! lol

Comment

I will try to get pics up tomorrow. We were able to go from the manhole to the blockage. It was good enough to get us through then blast it out until the it creeped down again. They are going to have to dig it up. They are going to try and jackhammer it out of the pipe...lol. I have no doubt the RR would have worked but doubt we could have made a hole big enough and get back it before it closed up just enough to not make it.
        AllurePlumbing.com
        • leak detection
        • drain cleaning
        • utility locating
        • and other specialties.

Comment

The asphalt is in a riser pipe for a clean out? If so a vacuum truck can get it all out.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

How is asphalt getting in a glued up PVC line ?
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
              The asphalt is in a riser pipe for a clean out? If so a vacuum truck can get it all out.
              They were getting one out this morning. I wish I could have seen it. I didn't think it was possible.
              AllurePlumbing.com
              • leak detection
              • drain cleaning
              • utility locating
              • and other specialties.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                How is asphalt getting in a glued up PVC line ?
                They broke the cleaning during prep for the parking lot I assume. The pipe was almost flush with the asphalt in the parking lot.
                AllurePlumbing.com
                • leak detection
                • drain cleaning
                • utility locating
                • and other specialties.

Comment

Odd situation being up that Hi ?
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

A vacuum truck can lift full.sized cinder blocks with ease. They are vert impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                      Odd situation being up that Hi ?

The sewer is that deep. When paved it was flush with the parking lot.
                      AllurePlumbing.com
                      • leak detection
                      • drain cleaning
                      • utility locating
                      • and other specialties.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                        A vacuum truck can lift full.sized cinder blocks with ease. They are vert impressive.
                        I get that "it" has the force to hold on, but how is it pulled up? Are you saying it will pump it up through the hose and into the truck?
                        AllurePlumbing.com
                        • leak detection
                        • drain cleaning
                        • utility locating
                        • and other specialties.

Comment

vacuum. high pressure goes to low pressure, always. how taco pumps work on boilers. how they move peanut butter. airvac. million other apps. airvac is in my county seat. i rod drains on some of their customers systems. use your shop-vac to pick up a board or a brick. billy
                          Last edited by breid1903; 10-14-2012, 09:04 PM. Reason: i was not an english major in college

Comment

The super sucker trucks, are worth every $ those guys spend on them. The generate such a powerful suction, it will suck up full sized bricks and toss them into the debris tank with out any effort. When I have grease traps, triple basins and such cleaned I always ask for a super sucker since it can move solids with ease. Where as a pumper truck that most grease trap pumpers use has a hard time with solids.

Comment

Am newbie here and i read this forum it's really nice and informative i really like it i get most of useful information from it which can prove beneficial for me i was need some similar post's but i get your post on first search on Google search engine it's fulfill my need i really appreciate it and keep it up!!!!!!
                              Fire Damage Restoration Gold Coast|professional upholstery cleaning and protection services

Comment

Working...
                              X