k-400

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k-400

hey i found a k-400 on craiglist brand new in box never opend and called te guy and got him down to 420 cash..... but heres the thing... i dont really need anoher kitchen machine as i have a k-40 pushing 3/8 cable for short stoppages and i have my model 100 for the longer runs.... but i hate to pass up a good deal(i think?) plus the guy is located about 3 miles from my house.... should i pick it up with just 4 hundred dollar bills in my hand

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/tld/3069018911.html

Re: k-400

Keep your money. I have a 400 and a 380 and have made money with it but needed it to start out. With that 100 as your last resort for your smaller soft clogs it would be a waste of money in my limited opinion. The 400 is not in the same league as your 100.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
      Keep your money. I have a 400 and a 380 and have made money with it but needed it to start out. With that 100 as your last resort for your smaller soft clogs it would be a waste of money in my limited opinion. The 400 is not in the same league as your 100.
      only using that for 1.5, 2'' lines.... im confused or dont understand......... if its a mainline i go pick up one of our 1065 or the tow jet

but i do understand that you dont like the 400 really... and yeah the model 100 is a great machine built like a tank but thats part of the thing its so damn heavy! but greaat machine IMO

Comment

You have various sink machines for 1-1/4" to 2" drains and if all else fails for these sink, washer and tub drains you have a 100. If you want a back up for the 100 most people swear by the 3800 or Eel model N for weight and quality. I don't think you will be happy with a 400 even if it were free. The cable is super stiff to offset the lack of an inner drum.
        AllurePlumbing.com
        • leak detection
        • drain cleaning
        • utility locating
        • conductor fault locating
        • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

400 is way to high for it. check ebay for a k 380 the older model of the 400. I had the k 380 was a piece of junk compared to the spartan 100

Comment

well based on this new info to me..... nevermind lol but thanks for the input guys i appreciate it you probally saved me 400 bux that i would have been pissed about haha good looking out

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
              I agree 100% ^^

$420 for that machine is too high in my opinion. If it had the auto feed then maybe......

The Ridgid 400 is no substitute for the Spartan 100.

Comment

even i don't own a 380 or a 400.

but that's because 30 years ago i bought a general mini rooter with 3/8'' x 75' and a second drum with 1/2'' x 75'. takes only seconds to pull the drum and swap reels, or go onto a roof.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

yeah im not buying one.... thanks to everyone that saved me 400 bux but yeah just gonna keep saving up and get my 300 sooner

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    even i don't own a 380 or a 400.

but that's because 30 years ago i bought a general mini rooter with 3/8'' x 75' and a second drum with 1/2'' x 75'. takes only seconds to pull the drum and swap reels, or go onto a roof.

rick.
                    I didn't realize the mini rooter took 75' of 1/2". I actually have one sitting around somewhere, but I'm using a K-380 because the general was one of those open cage "rental" models and it can get messy....
                    Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Working...
                    X