What would you do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What would you do?

you need to jet in reverse with either a spinner or a root ranger that will clear the bottom of the pipe. by going upstream the jet will wash it all down stream towards your c/o. but a word of caution. the root ranger mixed with all that sand will tear up your hose at the first foot. so you need to either wrap up the first couple feet with shrink wrap tubing, or go the auto parts store and get a 2' long hydraulic hose made up with double wire hydraulic hose. this will be much more durable and a cheap fix.

the spinner will be slower and not as aggressive as the root ranger. i would also tie a rope around the rr to allow for a pull back to the upstream as needed.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I think we're on the same page as far as direction. I was jetting from the cleanout to the far end, then pulling back and should've been clearing the line. The nozzle that made it there had one front firing jet. Rick, it seemed like more jetting just made more sand. One of the reasons I'm building a new jetter is for new nozzles. I plan to get a root ranger, but I'd almost be afraid to use one in this line until I know where the sand is coming from. I did try using a cheesy spinner I have. That one doesn't have nearly enough pulling power to go that far. Yeah, I could pull it to the end with a rope/cable, but my other nozzle was going all the way. I see what the RR does with any type of fibrous material, if it eats raw wood, it will cut roots; but have you used it to descale CI? How were the results? Yeah, just from general use the first few feet are wearing and the last fifty feet have hardly been used. I know someone on here re-terms their lines as they wear down..At this point, the HO says he will baby the line(only liquids from the far bath). We'll see what happens. If the line doesn't back up for 6 months, he'll have me jet it and hope for another 6. You are right about plastic; PVC is so much easier to clean!!

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
        Sounds like "You been there "
        One of my sisters down in Fortlauderdale had her washer drain back up
        the plumbers couldn't get it open it was full of sand just like riches job
        Her ins paid for new tile and all the kitchen cabinets that had to be tore out to get to the pipes under the floor
        It was over 30 k

Comment

I think this wanna be X GC is clouding Your good judgement! You know there's a break in the line or the GC Bathroom hack
          butchered something under there! Bob so far You've spent #####$s . Whats next? Need that amount today.
          Mommas always right. Good luck, He's not to be trusted !
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Tool, my good judgement it constantly clouded. Things always seem clearer looking back than they do in the present. He's not a bad guy, he did pay me. I made money, but didn't charge him close to what most cleaners or plumbers here would have. Even if we can't agree on some issues, even he knows that. I didn't quit, I gave it my all. But, we are both frustrated not having pinpointed exactly what's wrong.(Infiltration,possible flat spot yes, but where?) For now, he's going to try living with it the way it is. Of course, if it backs up every week, he will be forced to make a move. Cutting the floors means so much $$ and work beyond the plumbing.(Mess, tiles, concrete). And, if you're going that far, do you leave the old fixture branches(CI kitchen line) or do you cut them out to? If it were my house and I didn't want to do a major repair if at all possible: I'd cut up that tub/shower, possibly that whole bath(very small) and run fresh PVC around the AC unit outside. If I pitched it too much and it was below the clay, I'd replace that to.(Not much of a lawn, our sewer lines don't run deep at all here). If lucky, the problem will be in that portion of the line. At that point the main part of the line could be cleared and camera'd thoroughly. If no sand coming in there, hopefully a good cleaning will allow it to drain to the new section of PVC where it will easily slide out of the house to the street. If the rest of the main is still shaky, you have the option of cutting it up or patching the shower and dealing with it later.(Or not at all; the lot is sweet. So much depends on the economy and market. Lots of wait and see. If the market goes up, he'll sell it and make good $$. The next owner will buy it for the lot/location. That house and it's old plumbing will be raked into the rusty sand it sits on).

Comment

Working...
            X