X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Debate

After many years of Septic Jetting I have proven this to be an effective way to clear biomat and Roots out of a leach field and bring them back to life at about 1/4th the cost of replacement. I have only had one system fail after about 1&1/2 years of uses after jetting. It was found that they were dumping grease down the kitchen sink and the tank looked like a grease trap...lol

Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 07-18-2012, 01:25 PM.
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Re: The Big Debate

What size jetter are you using. I would like to start doing this too, but my jetter is to small. 3 gpm. Do you use an additive?

Comment

That one is some where around 6 or 8 gpm @ 3K if I remember right. We dont use any additive, just water.
      We also do chambers with our big truck and it`s 65gpm at 2K.

Comment

I work in the city and septics are not on my everyday list but from way back when this topic was always on my mind, I have jetted drain fields with sucsess to remove bio mat, I have no long term stats but can say 2 years has always been achieved for the owner to sell and pass inspection or save and budget to buy a new system. 2-4k psi 5-25 gpm only difference is how long it takes to complete. I also bought a radial nozzle that sprays sideways just for this job and cleaning perforated pipe.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

How do you know it is clean enough?
          AllurePlumbing.com
          • leak detection
          • drain cleaning
          • utility locating
          • conductor fault locating
          • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

No way it can't work! it is impossible! we don't do it like that! I've been plumbing for 1million years and I have never heard of that. when I was an apprentice I learned another way by golly I won't change.

I've been interested in this out come since you 1st talked about it. I was hoping it would be successful. Man oh man you will save people a fortune.

Comment

Theres 2 ways to tell when it`s clean.
              1. Clear water coming back at you.
              2. About 1/2 the water you are putting in dosent come back so you know it`s going in the ground.

Comment

We've been doing this as well for several years. Nearly 100% success rate but isn't a cure all. Jetting drainfields must be done with proper diagnosis .

All Clear, how do you get your high flow jetter down the chambers without burrowing into the ground or getting caught in the ribs of the chamber? And what is your success rate doing chambers? Obviously in a pipe you can get nearly all the biosolids back, but in a chamber the inlet is 8" above the floor of the trench. How well do you feel you are actually cleaning, or are you just "breaking up" the biomat to restore flow but leaving a lot of it in the chamber? I'm all ears.

Comment

This may not seem important to you folks living in big cities that never see septic systems, but I'm here to tell you this is the 2nd most useful, interesting and important thread I have seen on this forum.

Comment

what was the first?
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                      what was the first?
                      lets not change the subject or get thread drift.

Comment

Sorry, excellent point, you can just message me if that works better.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                          what was the first?
                          " the ridgid girls "
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

SeweRat We are using a guide pipe to get the jetter in the chambers. We dig a big hole at one end of the chamber and back jet to that hole. All the old dirt and biomat falls in the hole leaving new soil for the chamber to work with.

Comment

Working...
                            X