X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K380 foot air switch

my K380's foot switch stays depressed and the motor doesnt turn. I'm thinking it is the air switch. (part#32992) Has anyone else had this problem? Is it an easy fix? Thanks for your help.
    Anthony

Re: K380 foot air switch

just remove the hose and let air back in it.
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply. I will try that!!!

Comment

You only need enough pressure to turn the machine. You are pressing too hard.
        AllurePlumbing.com
        • leak detection
        • drain cleaning
        • utility locating
        • conductor fault locating
        • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

simple test and simple fix. most likely the foot ball has a leak around the nipple. easy to test with soap suds. if it leaks air, then the hose won't supply enough air pressure to depress the piston on the electrical air switch. if that's the case, you could easily test by disconnecting the hose from the ball and blow slightly to see if it turns on or engages the piston and switch. 9 times out of 10 the ball is the issue.

in a real pinch, a turkey baster can work. but a blow ball used for blowing the dust out of drilled holes is better. home depot carries the hilti one and it comes in handy for drilling holes, sucking out water from a pipe and even a foot pedal air bulb.

the electrical air switch is a more complex fix.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I've cut the foot switch off and blew into the hose to test the switch.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I removed the hose from the air switch, the ball filled with air and I re-attached the hose and used a hose clamp. The unit works fine now. Thanks.

Comment

Your Welcome. Some things just aren't as complicated as some make them sound....lol
                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
                X