X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sewer tape to push camera?

Have a few jobs for a complex coming up where I need to push my camera out to 100-150' in 3' and 4', all cast iron through quite a few bends. From experience, I know this will be taxing on my camera push rod. Am thinking of using a sewer tape to push the camera out.

But I've never used a sewer tape, what thickness and width would be the best to push out 100'? Another option...electritions fiberglass pushrod? would they be flexible enough to go through 1/4 bends?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Sewer tape to push camera?

ben, i have a couple fiberglass push rods. up to 3/8'' diameter. that would be my choice.

but with enough water flow, the camera should push and then you shut down/ lower the water flow and inspect on the pull back.

your jetter with camera installed a couple feet forward of the jet/ root ranger will help push the camera. but i wouldn't opt for the jet as it will potentially blast waste back into the units toilets.

you have the mini seesnake or full size?

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

mini. I was steering towards the sewer tape because of the cost. For some reason unknown to me, condux rods cost big money.

Is the 3/8 flexible enough that it can goes through a santee on it's back or a 3" 1/4 bend?
      Last edited by gear junkie; 07-22-2012, 11:16 AM.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Yea sewer tape is too ridgid (flat sewer tape) the duct rodders work great!
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Duct rudders are great and they have more flexible leaders for your tough bends. If you get one get one that has a wire in it for tracing PVC.
          AllurePlumbing.com
          • leak detection
          • drain cleaning
          • utility locating
          • conductor fault locating
          • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Here you go a jetter nozzle that you can clamp your camera to. http://www.eplsolutions.net/Jet_Sond...les/JetCam.pdf

Jet Sonde Carriers

Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

So the consenus is a duct rodder is the way to go? Cuda, a sewer tape is too stiff to go through a 1/4 bend? ron, I can't jet the line at all. Long story...just got back from a long job, don't want to tell the story right now. But does look like an awsome idea. gettint, thanks for wire trace idea. Does that change the stiffness required?
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I have pushed my full sized SeeSnake through 200' of 4" cast iron sewer with mutiple turns with out any issues. A flat sewer tape takes some practice and skill to use safely, I know lots of guys that have knocked out a few teeth. A good qualty flat tape in the right hands can easly go out 100' through mutiple bends.

As for stiffining your current camera pushrod a duct cleaner is the way to go, tape it up every few feet and give it a good shove.
                Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

[QUOTE=SewerRatz;380457]Here you go a jetter nozzle that you can clamp your camera to. http://www.eplsolutions.net/Jet_Sond...les/JetCam.pdf

Jet Sonde Carriers

i have their 1/2'' 18gpm jet cam nozzle. i don't believe they make it for bens jetter at 3.5 gpm. plus it's not cheap. the nozzle, spring and camera adapter is approx $400.if i remember.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

I have a 3/8” fiberglass push rod and it works great. I tape it 3-4’ behind the camera head with electrical tape and push out
                    Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                    1-920-284-7471

Comment

Strap it to the back of your Root Ranger Nozzle!
                      Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                      X