X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-380/help

Im cleaning a main drain with my K-380 3/8" 75' foot reel. my drain is plugged at 85'. The city tap is at 115' obviously i can't make it out, what do i do? can i buy a short add on cable and go through? Can the 380 drum hold a 100' cable? I have a 100' sewer tape that wouldn't even budge the blockage so now i'm lost without a solution. Got any suggestions guys

Re: K-380/help

Originally posted by huskershane View Post
    Im cleaning a main drain with my K-380 3/8" 75' foot reel. my drain is plugged at 85'. The city tap is at 115' obviously i can't make it out, what do i do? can i buy a short add on cable and go through? Can the 380 drum hold a 100' cable? I have a 100' sewer tape that wouldn't even budge the blockage so now i'm lost without a solution. Got any suggestions guys

The K-380 is a poor mans sink machine. Get a real main line machine or hire a professional drain/sewer cleaner.

Comment

the cable is bolted in the drum and the back of the cable has no end on it, (If I am remembering correctly), I guess one could add on some footage to the front of the cable if one can find the correct connecting cable, as I doubt if the drum can hold 100 foot, I thing it is 75 foot of 3/8" and 50 of 1/2", but with out looking at the book I am not sure, but that is what I remember,

now here is the problem besides the cable being short, if you can not budge it with a sewer tape, most likely the K380 getting into it will not have desired results, there design for soft blockages, and the K380 is NOT a root machine,

My suggestion is to either rent a larger machine with a 3/4" cable and proper length, or hire some one who had the correct tools

I just think you may end up getting your self in trouble, if you get into that blockage with the 380, I only had a 380 at first and got my self in to some near disasters, with it and then I was able to get a K750 and I would not even take the 380, to a main line job, now, I only use 380 for interior drains that my drill based unit will not reach,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

thanks guys for the input, absolutely no tree roots in the system: paper towels flushed by a kid and tampons flushed behind the towels. I drugged them out the last 4 times. I understand that my machine may be a little under powered but i have done hundreds of main sewers in the last ten years with it with no problems ever. You guys suggest that i buy a machine that will handle it, but my primary employment is plumbing not drain cleaning just like many of you are drain cleaners not plumbers. I refuse to hire a drain cleaner when i can buy a 100' foot machine tomorrow, simple job if I just had the extra length cable. Does the K-400 have a 100' ft capacity?

Comment

guess nebraska has some short laterals to do hundreds of main lines with just a 75' undersized machine. K400 isn't a mainline machine either.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

The drum will hold 100 ft of 3/8 or 75ft 1/2 inch you can put a c-9 cable in front they are 10 ft. They will not go in the machine. You need a larger machine and this and the k400 are not good machines if you use it a lot look at a k-3800 they have a inner drum but they are not large enough either marvin

Comment

Working...
            X