Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• root rat nozzle or rootranger nozzle ?

if you was using a jetter operating at 1200-1500 psi/15 gpm,and a mini jetter at 3700 psi/3.7 gpm.
    Which nozzle would you use for grease and root removal in 3"-8" pipe ?

And why?

Re: root rat nozzle or rootranger nozzle ?

i don't own any root rat nozzles but i do know they are much more expensive than a root ranger and you have to change from cable to chain cutters based on the size pipe and opening.

but i do have 5 root ranger nozzles and they are jetted anywhere from 3.5 gpm to 18 gpm in both single and double rotors.
    there is not 1 thing that a root ranger will not cut out. including concrete.

go onto some of my threads for the root rangers and see my photos and write ups.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Attachment Attachment Attachment

Root ranger all the way. I have the same jetter specs you have and the RR does awsome in roots. At 26' I encountered this root ball and not going any further with the camera. After jetting, I saw the root intrusion wasn't coming in through the 3" main but instead the 2" branch lines as shown by the root ball at the top of the screen. Treated the 2" with RootX and will see how it goes. The root ball was a solid 4' long and hard to clean out but you can clearly see the results of 3.5 gpm and 3500 psi with the right nozzle.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by gear junkie; 08-02-2012, 12:18 AM.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

as mentioned by ben/ gear, the root ranger will also allow you to blast up into a dead ended tee or wye and not have to rely on a cutter that can't get into a branch tee or wye.

i get many roots coming from capped off test tees and wyes. the jet can be positioned at the junction and with some twisting, the water blast will blow into the dead ended pipe and cut out the roots in an otherwise non accessible line.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Rick, maybe Aussie Bill will post pictures of his new soon to be released multi-head nozzle. You have five nozzels which change easily in one head. God damn Bill must have another apprentice on the way and I bet this will certainly pay for him/her(hahahhahaahahhaaha..............!!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
            Rick, maybe Aussie Bill will post pictures of his new soon to be released multi-head nozzle. You have five nozzels which change easily in one head. God damn Bill must have another apprentice on the way and I bet this will certainly pay for him/her(hahahhahaahahhaaha..............!!!!)
            ??? don't toy with my emotions.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Would a Root Ranger be compatible w/ a 3/8'' hose for a General J-3000 w/ 3000psi @ 4 GPM? How well would it cut roots w/ that setup. I'm looking into either that or a chain saw cutter nozzle.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber26 View Post
                Would a Root Ranger be compatible w/ a 3/8'' hose for a General J-3000 w/ 3000psi @ 4 GPM? How well would it cut roots w/ that setup. I'm looking into either that or a chain saw cutter nozzle.
                That company you work for has enough money for a trailer jetter....or is this for you personally?
                AllurePlumbing.com
                • leak detection
                • drain cleaning
                • utility locating
                • conductor fault locating
                • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

absolutly. the root ranger was originally marketed for the ridgid k-3000 jetter with those exact specs. 4 gpm at 3000 psi.

it will destroy roots with those specs. nothing else will even come close. remember that the rr is ported for 1/4'' fip.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
                    That company you work for has enough money for a trailer jetter....or is this for you personally?
                    Having enough money for one and actually spending the money on one are two different things. I'm resurrecting the one they've had sitting there collecting dust and putting it back to use.

Comment

Having enough money for one and actually spending the money on one are two different things. I'm resurrecting the one they've had sitting there collecting dust and putting it back to use.
                      Why not see if they will sell it to you? Or did they make you sign a noncompete?
                      AllurePlumbing.com
                      • leak detection
                      • drain cleaning
                      • utility locating
                      • and other specialties.

Comment

Noncompete.........

Comment

Noncompete.........
                          That blows. I had one with Brady Trane, it didn't cover Boilers let alone process boilers, and when I left they gave me a paper that included it with my name signed to it. I know they fudged the paperwork because I was laughing with my boss that it never covered my job title or scope.

From what I gather they hunt for people that do side work.
                          AllurePlumbing.com
                          • leak detection
                          • drain cleaning
                          • utility locating
                          • and other specialties.

Comment

Hey Aussie Bill show the guys your new invention.....................oih oih oih................!!!!!

Comment

I think root rat ranger... but don't have any much idea..

Comment

Working...
                              X