X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• general 1/2 innercore cable

Can you guys jump 2" traps with a 1/2" innercore cable. I run it in a t-3 and cannot for the life of me get it to go. I use the trap leader and all. Leader goes through, cable makes the trap but wont go through the short turn 90 at the top.
    Boss claims he did it all the time but the only time I've seen him do it he broke the cable, claimed there was a bad spot in the cable. My best guess is when he used to do it he was using a hollow core cable or a really worn out innercore.

Re: general 1/2 innercore cable

i do it all day long with ridgid 5/8'' sectional cable and a k-50 or k-60. using a rick reverse auger or a 4 blade spear cutter.

but i do also own the t-3 with innercore cable and the only way i would even think about it would be with no connector and no cutter. innercore is stiff, but the connectors are the real problem.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I would say no unless the cable is worn to hell.

Comment

I saw my father in law do it when I was his apprentice using 1/2" general innercore on a mini rooter. How he did it beats the hell out of me but he did it so its possible.

Comment

And like Rick said it had no connectors.

Comment

I use 3/8 in my mini rooter, no problems at all!
            Originally posted by Tungsten Plumbing View Post
            I saw my father in law do it when I was his apprentice using 1/2" general innercore on a mini rooter. How he did it beats the hell out of me but he did it so its possible.
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

It might be the connectors doing it. I used to run 5/8 thru everything with a k-50 and i have gotten the 1/2 ic through on occasion with the t-3 but it always seems to be on the verge of breaking. I run 3/8 with a little 380 we got ahold of and that works fine but the boss claims a 3/8 cable wont clean a 2" line effectively and I'm supposed to use the t-3 with the 1/2

Comment

as you probably already know, the 5/8'' sectional will out perform the 1/2'' innercore from a cleaning perspective. plus it's much safer to throttle the cable in a stuck fitting or trap. nothing like a 1/2'' x 99' cable trying to stop on a dime when you're stuck in a trap/ fitting.

tell the boss you can get 5/8'' cable through the trap and break out the k-50.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

I don't know I never had any problem getting the 1/2 " through any trap. Some times I would have drill in reverse to get it started then switch it to forward after your through the trap. Just make sure it is not a bad trap, broke, or has a clean out cap hid under the floor

Comment

Originally posted by justinmccracken561
                    i do it all day long with ridgid 5/8'' sectional cable and a k-50 or k-60. using a rick reverse auger or a 4 blade spear cutter.

Looks like we've got us a troll

Comment

Working...
                    X