X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Root Ranger

I think I am beating this to death, I apologize, but I have some more questions. Just got it in today and I noticed it says not to get it up over 3000 psi. Is it just the Turbo Nozzle that cannot handle the pressure? I thought the Australians were using it with 4000-5000 psi?
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Re: Root Ranger

Its a dud...
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • and other specialties.

Comment

i run all of mine at 4000-4300 at the pump. by the time it gets to the nozzle from the several hundred feet of hose i might be running it will drop 300-1000# from the pump. of course the hose length and hose diameter is the key factor.

keeping the hose length as short as possible and running 3/8'' will increase the performance.

what are the machine and hose specs?

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        i run all of mine at 4000-4300 at the pump. by the time it gets to the nozzle from the several hundred feet of hose i might be running it will drop 300-1000# from the pump. of course the hose length and hose diameter is the key factor.

keeping the hose length as short as possible and running 3/8'' will increase the performance.

what are the machine and hose specs?

rick.
        I have yet to get the stats at the nozzle, the hose just came in. The machine is 5.5 gpm @ 4000 psi at the pump with 200' of 3/8" hose.
        AllurePlumbing.com
        • leak detection
        • drain cleaning
        • utility locating
        • and other specialties.

Comment

it should work very very good at those numbers. in fact the nozzle will not need all 5.5 gpm since it's most likely a 4.5 nozzle. your loss should be approx 1.25# per foot at 5.5 gpm. or approx 250# for the 200' hose.

a simple test is to run the 200' of hose and see what the back pressure is on the gage with no nozzle. should be around 250#.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

just looked at the ridgid page for the root ranger. Root RangerĀ® 3000 - RIDGID Professional Tools

they probably state 3000# as that's all thier machines will produce. the kj-3000 and 3100 are the 2 units this nozzle was marketed for.

the only difference between the australian version and the us version is the pipe thread and name engraved into it.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

it should work very very good at those numbers. in fact the nozzle will not need all 5.5 gpm since it's most likely a 4.5 nozzle. your loss should be approx 1.25# per foot at 5.5 gpm. or approx 250# for the 200' hose.

a simple test is to run the 200' of hose and see what the back pressure is on the gage with no nozzle. should be around 250#.

rick.
              Thanks. Gear told me what to put together to get my numbers at the end also. Need to send my RR back due to a crack in the casting. From a different thread that I read a while back I knew what it was.
              AllurePlumbing.com
              • leak detection
              • drain cleaning
              • utility locating
              • and other specialties.

Comment

my machine is just about the same specs

the root ranger kills roots with those specs...had the same ranger for 3 years now still working and kicking butt !

Comment

Ok, so my machine is putting out 3900 psi at the end of the hose. I need to get a leader to go from my
                  3/8" MIP threads of my hose to the root ranger. I had one sent to me but the 3/8" FIP was a swivel connector and I can't see working the root ranger with it.
                  AllurePlumbing.com
                  • leak detection
                  • drain cleaning
                  • utility locating
                  • and other specialties.

Comment

It'll work. The swivel connector won't swivel anymore once you tightened it down.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

actually that's the best way to go.

i just used my double barrel rr yesterday with 1/2'' hose and a 1/2'' fip swivel to 3/8'' mip.

leave you adapter screwed into the rr and then when it comes time to use, it's a fast and simple connection. when finished, add a little stem grease to the swivel threads so it never rusts and is a simple hand snug plus a turn with a crescent wrench.

did you love the root ranger?

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

actually that's the best way to go.

i just used my double barrel rr yesterday with 1/2'' hose and a 1/2'' fip swivel to 3/8'' mip.

leave you adapter screwed into the rr and then when it comes time to use, it's a fast and simple connection. when finished, add a little stem grease to the swivel threads so it never rusts and is a simple hand snug plus a turn with a crescent wrench.

did you love the root ranger?

rick.
                        I haven't even had a moment to put it together with the business taking off. I have a job lined up though.
                        AllurePlumbing.com
                        • leak detection
                        • drain cleaning
                        • utility locating
                        • and other specialties.

Comment

Working...
                        X