Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sludge hog ? Check link for sludege vacuum powered by jetter

http://www.cccmix.com/attachments/fi...udge%20Hog.pdf

HOW DO WE GET THE PULVERIZED ROOTS OUT WHEN JETTING DOWNSTREAM? SHOP VAC? FOUND THIS AND QUOTE IS ON WAY. ALSO ASKED FOR HAPPY CUSTOMERS. ANYONE SEEN OR USED THIS?

STUMBLED ON THIS WHILE SEARCHING WEB FOR VACUUM SYSTEM
    MOTOWN

Re: Sludge hog ? Check link for sludege vacuum powered by jetter

Sludge-maybe too big to put in 4 inch? Maybe could be good for grease? Maybe won't pull roots? Maybe we can make better one smaller?motown

Comment

It is more of a water powered trash pump. Rick has the Ridgid model.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I have one. It's sold as a Ridgd but looks exactly like the one shown. It really excels for cleaning sump basin and grease traps. The foward nozzle with clean everything down and the jet will suck it all out. It also isn't affected by dirt and I've used it before as a hydroexcavator. It's worth a spot on my truck.

As far as washing out the roots and debris, it all goes down the main once cut/flushed and bringing it back up isn't needed.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

that is the same as the ridgid model.

i've posted pictures of it a couple years back and it's amazing. the front forward nozzle is great in busting ans cleaning out the sludge from pits as ben has mentioned.

the website has the decimal point in the wrong place for orfice size. i have both front and rear jets hooked up, but then again i have up to 18 gpm to play with. but with even 4 gpm, it's a monster.

we all got to play with it at the first roundup and i knew at that point, i needed it.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Rick, if it is especially good for grease traps, where are you pumping the grease to?
            AllurePlumbing.com
            • leak detection
            • drain cleaning
            • utility locating
            • conductor fault locating
            • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
              Rick, if it is especially good for grease traps, where are you pumping the grease to?
              sump pits. i don't do grease or interceptors tanks.

with sump pits, typically rain water pits in the underground garage, i use it to suck out the muck when servicing the pit or swapping out the pump.

i also use it to pump out my brute trash cans while jetting overhead sewers.

i've also used it to pump out muddy water while doing underground boring.

a truly amazing tool with literally no parts to wear.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

save your money guys and buy the ridigd model.

spoke to the company in houston that markets the version that was linked at the fist post. and i almost dropped my computer when i opened the quote.

$585.00 plus shipping my hard drive almost crashed

buy the ridgid unit that i use and you're more than good to go for less than 1/2 price

don't buy the plastic chinese knock offs as they are plastic and don't have the front jet.

turns a 4 gpm washer into a sludge sucking monster and my 18gpm jetting unit into a wet dream

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

i have one...its the greatest thing ever pumps alot of water Fast!

Comment

Working...
                  X