X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetter newbie seeks advice

Have 3 calls for landscape drains, don't want to let them pass. No experience with jetter or landscape drains. I have K-60 and Seesnake experience on residential.

Have read the threads in the forum and have contacted amazing machinery and aqua mole. Leaning to the amazing machinery pressure washer conversion kit, 200' 1/4" hose,reel,3/8" shutoff,laser 4.5,ram4.5 and rotary 5.5. Order custom drilled nozzles from aqua mole based on my pressure washer specs and jobsite conditions. Will set up for 2" ci kitchen drains after I get my feet wet

My P.W. specs:

Honda GX270 8.5hp

3800psi

3.5gpm

General triplex pump

Maybe not ideal but its what I have.

Need to add pressure guage.

Do I need a foot valve or pulsating function?

Last call I went on is @300' of 3 or 4 in drain with multiple access openings, maybe longest run is 75' unknown pipe material. Custom home 25 y.o. hoping they used something decent. Start at downhill curb opening and jet away Should be a good learnig job.

All comments and advice welcome, THANKS!

wookie

Re: Jetter newbie seeks advice

I personally wouldn't add the gauge permanently to the jetter even if glycerin filled as they will leak and go bad.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

the pulsation valve is not that critical. a foot pedal will make the hose jump and also provide much needed safety.

kitchen sink drains are simple, as the lines are properly run sanitary fittings. it's the outdoor styrene stuff that will drive you crazy. my advise is see if they tee'd up and then it's connect the dots/ drains. if they wyed, or tee'd and each is an end of the line, it will be fun as you never know if you're going the right direction with non directional fittings.

a pressure gauge is important when setting up a machine and swapping nozzles. it lets you verify proper pressure and flow. as long as you have a gauge rated 2x/ times the working pressure you'll be fine. in the hundreds and hundreds of running hours, i've only ruined 1 gauge.

area drains are a combination of dirt,gravel, leaves,roots and standing/ flat lines. and if a pool, then diatimacious earth. that's the tuff stuff.

wookie, you're close enough to come by 1 day and ride shotgun. i typically jet once a week 2-4 jobs. good way to get your feet wet and i can pull a tom sawyer, huck finn on you. ben's done it a couple times

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

you won't learn a thing but how to pull jetter hose off the reel.

lol, actually riding with rick was good to get some experience on the big jetter. He really trusted me more then he should because he let me do all the work while he sat back. If I messed up, it was all his name going down the drain. But thankfully nothing bad happened and it's a good experience.

But for jetting with your jetter, you just have to go to it. comparing a cart jetter like we have vs a 4018 is totally different. Call your nozzle place on mon morning and change your order for nozzles. You need a 3.5 or smaller nozzle. My jetter with a 13hp honda puts out the same specs that your 8hp jetter claims to and I use 3.5 nozzles.

You got my number, call anytime you have a question.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

If you can't change your order, send a 7/8 cable through the drain and pull back the jetter hose and attach your ram nozzle and pull the hose back slow while rotating it.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Haven't placed my order yet, wanted to post first and get more input. Thanks!

wookie

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              you won't learn a thing but how to pull jetter hose off the reel.

lol, actually riding with rick was good to get some experience on the big jetter. He really trusted me more then he should because he let me do all the work while he sat back. If I messed up, it was all his name going down the drain. But thankfully nothing bad happened and it's a good experience.

But for jetting with your jetter, you just have to go to it. comparing a cart jetter like we have vs a 4018 is totally different. Call your nozzle place on mon morning and change your order for nozzles. You need a 3.5 or smaller nozzle. My jetter with a 13hp honda puts out the same specs that your 8hp jetter claims to and I use 3.5 nozzles.

You got my number, call anytime you have a question.
              sat back my as. i seem to remember you not being able to pull a little hose out of a drain and i had to step up and give it a tug.
              i also remember you chowing down pretty good at the hawaiian restaurant
              but it's alway fun working with big ben

i've had the best luck with the k-60 and the reverse auger in the styrene non directional pipe. and on straight runs the 3'' circular sawtooth cutter.

jetting from the street up is a must and go as far as you can from the street before you go drain to drain from the rear. always when possible go backwards/ upstream.

remember i'm only 45 minutes away.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
              X