Root cutter for 2"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Root cutter for 2"

Been getting quite a few call lately for 2" drains and it ends up being roots. I was looking at the T-207 spiral cutter for the k50. What cutter or thoughts do you have on a good root remover?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Root cutter for 2"

that works along with the 4 blade serrated spade and the never fails rick reverse auger with a good 45 bend and sharp grind. as long as there is a decent root ball, the auger will thread it's way into it. a few strands and nothing but a jetter will work.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

How do you think a 1/8 jetter nozzle will cut roots with 2 jets?
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

1/8'' hose is pretty restrictive. 2 rears are out of balance and would require a lot of twisting. a good 1/4'' flexible hose should work with 3-4 rears. i would cable first and if needed jet what's left.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I don't have the experience of You pros , but 4" terra cotter are the roots here. and only outside the foundation. Inside the Found. foot print, 2 " C.I. ,OR Galvy are protected .
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Yup, you're right but the roots are still busting through. Here's a pic where you can see the roots growing from the branch line. For this job after talking to Dan Lawrence, I applied rootX to the fixtures using a bucket of water instead of the faucet to flush the chemical past the ptrap. I'm going back to reinspect after 6 months.
            Attached Files
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              yup, you're right but the roots are still busting through. Here's a pic where you can see the roots growing from the branch line. For this job after talking to dan lawrence, i applied rootx to the fixtures using a bucket of water instead of the faucet to flush the chemical past the ptrap. I'm going back to reinspect after 6 months.
              c i ,hub ?
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

yes from what I can tell.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                X