X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Scout.....

Just bought me a Scout and have a few questions.

When a camera sonde is placed in a horizontal line are the 2 poles always 90 degrees left and right of the equator ?

Is the equator generally showing the path in which the line is running ?

What exactly is the "Horizontal Field Angle Indicator" in reference to ? This is only used for depth readings ?

Would a miroReel sonde put out a less powerful signal than a full sized reel ?

Re: Ridgid Scout.....

the front and rear null are in line with the pipe/ sewer. the spread of the the 2 nulls are also an indication of depth. if memory serves me right? the spread is .61% of depth. but i haven't needed to do math on locates now for over 10 years.

the micro series of camera have a much smaller sonde/ antenna and power draw, therefore a much weaker signal/ depth. but once again, the micro reels are not designed to replace a seesnake or mini seesnake.

the level is used to make sure the antennas are plumb. most locates are done with the sonde in a pretty level position. when the sonde is on a 45 or vertical, the locate and depth readings are not going to be accurate. but the advantage is you have a camera to determine the position of the sonde and camera.

the scout is my go to locator. all my others are collecting dust.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

the scout is my go to locator. all my others are collecting dust.

rick.[/QUOTE]

I figured you for liking the Navitrack over the scout.

Comment

i have a brand new seek tech sr-20 never out of the case. for sewers the scout is fast and simple.

not to mention at least 6 older units that still do the job if you want to do the math and spend the time.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
        X