X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistol Grip Drain Machine Repair

One of my customers brought in his pistol grip drain machine in for repairs. His complaint was it would work intermittently. I diagnosed the problem as being a faulty power cord. So I replaced the cord and it runs like new.. While I had it apart I greased the planetary gears..

Attached Files

Re: Pistol Grip Drain Machine Repair

From the way you took it apart i think you had a problem with the left hand screw. Marvin

Comment

Originally posted by rod man View Post
      From the way you took it apart i think you had a problem with the left hand screw. Marvin
      Marvin,
      No I didn't, why do you say that???

Comment

Because the back of the flange was off the drum and still on the shaft. We are usually able to sneek a new cord in without taking the drum off. The lh screw is somethimes very hard th remove because for a while general was using locktite. Marvin

Comment

Because the back of the flange was off the drum and still on the shaft. We are usually able to sneek a new cord in without taking the drum off. The lh screw is somethimes very hard th remove because for a while general was using locktite. Marvin

Drum had to be taken off to get to two screws at the end of the housing. The drum was in the way so the drum had to be removed. Drum covers up about three inches of the housing. The shaft nut did not want to come off so the flange was unscrewed too bad they did not use stainless. I understand what your saying now. If something gives me a hard time I look for another way. Hmmm I just described some of my customers. But sometimes there is no other way.. Thanks Marvin for looking and commenting..

Comment

Originally posted by urch55 View Post
            Drum had to be taken off to get to two screws at the end of the housing. The drum was in the way so the drum had to be removed. Drum covers up about three inches of the housing. The shaft nut did not want to come off so the flange was unscrewed too bad they did not use stainless. I understand what your saying now. If something gives me a hard time I look for another way. Hmmm I just described some of my customers. But sometimes there is no other way.. Thanks Marvin for looking and commenting..
            Good work ,love My Super Vee
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Even tho they have a cone in the back of the drum for the cable won't get hung up on anything and help guide it around; it would be nice if they had a hex so you could use a impact on it.. But, what it is it is......

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                Good work ,love My Super Vee

Thank You Mr. Tool
                I was trying to remember what model of pistol grip that was . I even looked in my invoices.
                You would think I would have remembered but it's been awhile and the second one I repaired.

There is another repair in the making I ordered the parts needed from Ridgid, for a K-375. I will post pictures during and after the job.. It's not a big job just the nylon grommets on the motor mount slide,,,,,""shucks"" I just gave it away. well, just act surprised when I post it...

Comment

Originally posted by urch55 View Post
                  Thank You Mr. Tool
                  I was trying to remember what model of pistol grip that was . I even looked in my invoices.
                  You would think I would have remembered but it's been awhile and the second one I repaired.

There is another repair in the making I ordered the parts needed from Ridgid, for a K-375. I will post pictures during and after the job.. It's not a big job just the nylon grommets on the motor mount slide,,,,,""shucks"" I just gave it away. well, just act surprised when I post it...
                  I also have a K 375 , will be interesting to see Your post. Looks like You'll be doing a General Maxi rooter next! Got one also !
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Common Marv. No two cooks work the same !

Comment

there is a cone with 2 allen screws in it remove the 2 screws ans the cone comes off and a lh screw is in the center of the shaft out of the moter remove that and hold the rear drum and wack the motor hard and it will come off the motor shaft is 3/8 24 thread marvin

Comment

there is a cone with 2 allen screws in it remove the 2 screws ans the cone comes off and a lh screw is in the center of the shaft out of the moter remove that and hold the rear drum and wack the motor hard and it will come off the motor shaft is 3/8 24 thread marvin
                        That's true but, after the sewage water has it's time with the set screws, they don't want to come out. Look at the cropped photo I enlarged, you see the cone?? Still on the shaft.
                        What I am saying is if they put a big acorn nut there it would have the same affect as the cone. And no set screws to mess with...
                        I hope I am making myself clear..

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X