Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Double barrel root ranger + 1 more?

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
    With the single and only 3500 psi all your psi is focused on one barrel. Its like putting all your eggs in one basket

With the double and that low of psi it does not have the raw cutting power of the single in 6" . it does clear storm lines with no issues . In 4" the double works good on roots or whatever u got for it .

Im sure at 5k psi like bill runs the double would have no issues.

Its interesting. If you fire the double and single up out side the pipe the single sprays about 4 ft higher than the double.
    Have you tried to change out the nozzles? Maybe it's oversized?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

the turbines are 030 should they be changed ?

My specs are 5.5gpm @ 3500 psi

Comment

You can buy 020 or 025 turbines. If you are running 1/4" or 3/8" hose you are getting the flow to the nozzle, that is important, you sould be ok.
        Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by bill2601 View Post
          You can buy 020 or 025 turbines. If you are running 1/4" or 3/8" hose you are getting the flow to the nozzle, that is important, you sould be ok.
          Where is everyone buying these turbines?
          AllurePlumbing.com
          • leak detection
          • drain cleaning
          • utility locating
          • conductor fault locating
          • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

bill
            should i replace the brass body on both or just the turbine? will they come apart easy from the double barrel ranger ? where do i get them

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
              bill
              should i replace the brass body on both or just the turbine? will they come apart easy from the double barrel ranger ? where do i get them
              To remove the entire body is hard because a locthread compound is used. Taking off the nozzle body, but leaving the baseplate, is easy.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

ill change em out n keep u posted..... where shall i get em at?

Comment

I get mine from Envirospec for the single barrel http://www.envirospec.com/ecatalog/HiLoNozzles.htm. I show 2700 psi at the gauge when running my ranger. When I use the wand with the same amount of hose and a 1 size smaller nozzle, the pressure goes up to 3500 psi. I haven't switched them out because the ranger at 2700 does everything I need it to.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

thanks ben!

dontt wanna b silly .. which one is an 020 or 025

Comment

lol, you got me. I guess the 2.5. Maybe bill can shed some light. What is the pressure when running the single and double barrel. If the pressure goes down, you're definently oversized the nozzles.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

There are so many variations. Buy what you think is right and test is. Then write it down somewhere. So many plumbers call me an say "just look up what you sold me last time" :-) DBRR comes with 030 to maximise the flow. If you want more back pressure order it with 025's.
                        Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                        X