X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double barrel root ranger + 1 more?

Hi all! I have a 3000 gpm 4 gal/min General cart jetter that I looking to maximize the effectiveness of, as a trailer jetter is not in my immediate future. I am running 3/8" hose and I have a warthog, single barrel rr, penetrator 3f/3r, and a variety of smaller nozzles.

Question #1: Will a double barrel rr work on my machine (2 x .030's?)?

#2: Does anyone know of any nozzle that will front cut as good as or better than warthog? Perhaps something smaller?

Thanks!

Re: Double barrel root ranger + 1 more?

no, the double barrle root ranger is a mass of metal with twin turbines. 4 gpm is not enough to power the 2 turbines and pull the hose and the head.

stick with your single rr as that will be much easier to pull and also flip as needed to get to the top of the pipe.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

ricks right
      my jetter is 5.5gpm @ 3500 psi.

I have a double barrel rr and it works good in 4" pipe on roots... but 6" not so good it clears mud and grease very well. But for root cutting in 6" the single is bar none the best !

Comment

warthog on 4 gpm.... that dont sound right?

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
          warthog on 4 gpm.... that dont sound right?
          at first i thought the same thing. but i own a 1/4'' warthog that's a high speed spinner. not the oil filled controlled speed we think of.

so yes, there is a 1/4'' warthog that will work with 4gpm at 3000.

but my 1/4'' wathog at 4000 and 6 gpm was pretty much a waste of money. for 1/2 the price, a 1/4'' single barrel root ranger will run circles around that warthog and cut roots too.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

i too have a 1/4" warthog...its a waste of money...lol

The rr cost less and works sooooo much better

Comment

ricks right
              my jetter is 5.5gpm @ 3500 psi.

I have a double barrel rr and it works good in 4" pipe on roots... but 6" not so good it clears mud and grease very well. But for root cutting in 6" the single is bar none the best !
              Which single do you like for 6"?
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

for 6'' with a 4'' access or larger, the 1/2'' root ranger with 1/2'' hose will blast till you drop.

ben, was it the 1/2'' root ranger or warthog that i wore you out with while trying to pull back under pressure

honestly a 1/4'' root ranger with a good idea of where the roots are will clean out just about any size roots. maybe i'll post my 2x4 i cut with the turbine nozzle.

or the hamburger meat i made of 2 fingers with a turbine nozzle on my spray wand. in a split second with gloves on, i accidentally passed my left hand in front of the spray gun while washing the concrete with no wand extension. in that split second, my glove was torn off and my 2 finger felt like they were on fire. looked like hamburger meat and took several weeks to heal without oozing

there is not much a root ranger can't clean. it's all in the design of the turbine.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Ben i use the 1/4" ridgid one....works flawlessly !

Comment

Ben i use the 1/4" ridgid one....works flawlessly !
                    So you like the 1/4" one more the the double barrel ranger....interesting, what exactly makes the single barrel better for you?
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

With the single and only 3500 psi all your psi is focused on one barrel. Its like putting all your eggs in one basket

With the double and that low of psi it does not have the raw cutting power of the single in 6" . it does clear storm lines with no issues . In 4" the double works good on roots or whatever u got for it .

Im sure at 5k psi like bill runs the double would have no issues.

Its interesting. If you fire the double and single up out side the pipe the single sprays about 4 ft higher than the double.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                        So you like the 1/4" one more the the double barrel ranger....interesting, what exactly makes the single barrel better for you?
                        What I find interesting is that nobody really talks about the 1/2" RR with any set up.
                        AllurePlumbing.com
                        • leak detection
                        • drain cleaning
                        • utility locating
                        • conductor fault locating
                        • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
                          What I find interesting is that nobody really talks about the 1/2" RR with any set up.
                          i've talked and posted pictures of the 1/2'' rr. but remember that not too many of us here have a 1/2'' hose reel / jetter that's putting out 18gpm at 4000#.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            i've talked and posted pictures of the 1/2'' rr. but remember that not too many of us here have a 1/2'' hose reel / jetter that's putting out 18gpm at 4000#.

rick.
                            Without bashing the site directly, it is hard to find. It would also help if here were any info on the manufacturers website with the specs needed to run these nozzles effectively. Don't get me wrong, it is great to hear the real story in the field from people who use them.
                            AllurePlumbing.com
                            • leak detection
                            • drain cleaning
                            • utility locating
                            • conductor fault locating
                            • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

here's the thread i posted back in 2009 that caught your interest. https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t27280/

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X