X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double barrel root ranger

my jetter specs are 18 hp 5.5 gpm @ 3500 psi. I have had a dbrr for a year or so now.

It works well in 4 " on roots .. 6 " not so agressive.

The single has way more cutting power. But the double does clear mud and grease in 6" .. no problem.

The standard inserts are 030 in both nozzles. After talking to bill he said try a 025 or 020..
    searched out the 025 nozzles found a perfect match and switched the out today.

Yard tested it only havent sewer tested it in 6" clay yet but WOW ! ! ! So much more agressive!

The board was about 6"-10" inches aways from the nozzle and only there for about 15 sec.. i could hardly hold it down.. the nozzles wanted to blow it outta my hands.

My question now is with the 030 the gauge on the reel says about 4k psi... now with the 025 the reel gage reads 4700psi how much strain does that put on a 3500 psi rated pump ?
    Attached Files

Re: double barrel root ranger

The third pic made me laugh...so much power, holy smokes. I'm going to change out my nozzle now. How good is your pump? direct drive? I would also check to see how much water is actually coming out at the nozzle. If the reduction is so much that you're getting way less flow, then is worth it?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Ben this was inspired by you! lol

The pump is a general tsp series belt drivin

Comment

Are you using quick connects? What size hose?
        AllurePlumbing.com
        • leak detection
        • drain cleaning
        • utility locating
        • conductor fault locating
        • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

yep quick connects !

3/8" hose with the nozzle end crimped with a 1/4" mip

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
            yep quick connects !

3/8" hose with the nozzle end crimped with a 1/4" mip
            Did you order it direct? Where did you find the orifices that you wanted? Was it Gear's place to shop?
            AllurePlumbing.com
            • leak detection
            • drain cleaning
            • utility locating
            • and other specialties.

Comment

you could fine tune it with your unloader, but realize that the unloader will dump it back into the intake of the water supply which will cause the water to heat up. since you don't have a holding tank. or better yet, install a tee with a needle valve bleeder and just dump a little water on the ground or into a bucket.

4500 # will put a big stress on you hoses, foot valve, unloader and pump. not to mention the engine is straining at the higher psi.

i'm using the same set up with my 4000 18 gpm machine. using the bypass and also using a larger nozzle as need be.

very impressive wood cutting.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Just got back from a jetting job so I didn't have my usual M.O. of picures and videos but I just switched out the nozzle for one size down.....holy frick people we're cooking with gas! I used to show 2700 psi at the pump...I'm now at 3500 psi on the dot. I had a piece of 3" clear pvc clamped to a ridgid jawhorse.....while holding the hose at a right angle to the end of the pipe, the nozzle provided so much thrust that it was pulling the jawhorse.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

ben remember the video i shot with me trying to hold onto the double rr while still holding the camera in 1 hand. i got up to 2500 and called it quits. 4000 would have pushed me over

just think what a double at 4000 and up to 18 gpm will do. wanna come out and play

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Rick .. The needle valve doesnt sound like a bad idea. Could u explain a little more detail as the proper installation .. Thanks ..And i just watched the video of you and the dbrr again !

Ben .. What nozzle did you put in?

Gettinit .. Found a match at water cannon

Comment

the needle valve is a high pressure throttling valve used in hydraulic systems. if you can find a stainless steel one you'll be much better off than a carbon steel one.

basically install a tee just after your outlet on the unloader. install the needle valve and pipe the outlet back to your holding tank, a bucket or just let it weep onto the ground. start up the jetter and throttle it to the right rpm. rpm will adjust volume and therefore less volume, less psi.

if you need higher rpm to keep the engine running and cooling properly, then just crack open the needle valve to relieve the excess high pressure water and that will drop the psi. if you had a holding tank, it just recirculates into the tank. or in your case just a bucket or the ground.

the problem with your present unloader setup is it recirculates into the intake water and as it does this, it heats up. it also puts excess wear on the unloader.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

JH...035 nozzle. The standard nozzle was the 2nd biggest wire cleaner in my tip cleaner ( home depot version) and the new nozzle was the 3rd biggest...one size difference.

http://www.envirospec.com/buildcart.cfm?PN=2447 is the valve rick was talking about.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Thanks rick...

ben i would guess thats the valve...

We jetter a 4" pvc grease filled line 200' with the dbrr today...the machine ran for about an hr with no troubles .. sounded normal...the real guage read 4800 psi and the guage on the pump read 3600 psi

Comment

Thanks rick...

We jetter a 4" pvc grease filled line 200' with the dbrr today...the machine ran for about an hr with no troubles .. sounded normal...the real guage read 4800 psi and the guage on the pump read 3600 psi
                            I will admit, I am a little confused.
                            AllurePlumbing.com
                            • leak detection
                            • drain cleaning
                            • utility locating
                            • and other specialties.

Comment

Thanks rick...

something doesn't sound right. Did the double ranger work better?
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X