X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't do this with a Root Ranger

Bad roots 4' in, past closet bend. I tied the Root Ranger to the camera(which was going into the closet bend) and jetted upstream through an outside cleanout. This allowed me to observe the cutting and not go to far into the closet bend. The monitor and camera reel was outside with me.

I tied the rope to the head around the turbo nozzle. Issue was the Root Ranger wasn't able to bend like normal so it ended up shredding my hose. If I do this again, tie the rope to the hose instead so the nozzle can push away from the hose like normal.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Don't do this with a Root Ranger

it could have been worse ben.

you could have shredded your camera push rod

don't you know someone with a few hose crimper's

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

There was a rope between the ranger and camera head. Similar to when you did that job with drtyhands but without a second person.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

The Root Ranger will only shred a damaged hose, it won't cut a shiny surface. Was it damaged in any way?
        Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
        Albert Einstein

Comment

The hose wasn't shiny but other then that showed no damage. I'll post a pic later of the damage it did. I believe the problem was because I tied the rope to the head.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

when i do area drain with lots of debris, sand , you can shred the hose. this is because you just made a 4000 water/ sand blaster. the trick is to use a sacrificial leader or a 2' section of hydraulic hose. much tuffer cover, but less flexible. also wrapping the lead with either 10 mil or shrink wrap tubing will also work.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

interesting... i thought the same a rick... better that then the camera push cable

Comment

I got to close with my camera head to the root ranger and will not do that again as it cost me a new camera head. Whats the part number of the new double barrel root ranger? I got stuck with the single barrel one and was not a huge fan. I do like the double barrel design better.

On the other hand I had my camera in with my trailer jet the other day, no damage to the push rod. I have never cut a push rod with a jetter, just destroyed the lens, which was stupid on my part. Jetter depot has an attachment that you can hook to the jett hose, and then the push rod, easier to manage.

Your One Stop Shop In The Jetting Industry

3rd of the page down.
                Plumber Raleigh,Plumber Cary,Plumber Apex ,Plumber Apex, Plumber Morrisville,Plumber Durham, ,Plumber Holly Springs,Plumber Chapel Hill,Sump Pump Raleigh

Comment

Why would anyone use a Root Ranger instead of a comparably performing Warthog if you have the GPM & PSI for both? Other than cost of course.

Thanks.

Comment

because a root ranger will eat a warthog for lunch and never look back.

i own 5 assorted root rangers and 5 warthogs.

the root rangers cost a lot less, require next to no maintenance and pull like crazy. plus for smaller flow machines, a warthog is useless.

the 1 advantage a warthog has is you don't need to twist the hose to cover 100% of the pipe.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

"Bob" right now I have the money and space in the van for a big jetter(24hp+) but can't justify it because my little 13hp jetter with the root ranger can't be beat for 4" and snaller pipe. The ranger is one of those tools that still amazes me when I see the results.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Attachment Attachment

Been so busy to upload my pics, here's the damage. Cut 10' off and reswaged a new end for $10.
                        Attached Files
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

$10.00 is cheap ben. where did you get it done?

i now have 3 different hose crimpers/ swedge machines. the machines keep me having to drop what i'm doing and leave for a repair.

but with plenty of hoses to chose from, i can now fix it later.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Oxnard hose.
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                            X