Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installed unloader, now where would I put the bypass? Do I need one?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Installed unloader, now where would I put the bypass? Do I need one?

So here is the needle / bypass valve. I know I am supposed to install it between the guage and the 3 way but that makes no sence to me. Do I install it between the pump and the clear hose? Shouldn't it be regulating the water between the pump and the 3 way valve?

Thanks!!
    Attached Files
    Plumber Raleigh,Plumber Cary,Plumber Apex ,Plumber Apex, Plumber Morrisville,Plumber Durham, ,Plumber Holly Springs,Plumber Chapel Hill,Sump Pump Raleigh

Comment

robert, install it on the tee. either on the 1/2'' inlet of the tee, 1/4'' branch of the tee to the gauge or the 1/2''outlet of the tee/ inlet to the selector valve. it doesn't really matter. but it need to be on the high pressure side prior to the selector valve. the outlet of the bypas can tee into the clear hose or you can just run another hose back to the top of the tank and drill it with a hose barb.

typically the only time the bypass valve is needed is when you're running the 1/4'' or 3/16'' hoses.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

So after thinking about this all night I think I got it. It really does not matter where in the high pressure side it goes as long as it can let water out of the system. I undertsand, for some reason I was really complicating things.

Thanks!
        Plumber Raleigh,Plumber Cary,Plumber Apex ,Plumber Apex, Plumber Morrisville,Plumber Durham, ,Plumber Holly Springs,Plumber Chapel Hill,Sump Pump Raleigh

Comment

Name:  eeac509d164d674ab9b74b349ec866da.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  62.2 KBName:  37ab9c8421fa87fe02e943af3711821e.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  86.1 KB

So I completed everything. I had to use more fittings then I wanted to but Northern tool only had a certain amount of available fittings. I plumbed it back into the tank.

I took it for a test drive and realized that I can regulate pressure from the bypass valve and the unloaded I guess will now be my fail safe with the blow out disk becuase the u8nloader was not activating unless I closed my bypass 100%. I believe this is the correct procedure?

Thanks Ricketts for all the help.!

Comment

Working...
          X