Equipment question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equipment question

I do handyman side work, and I'm looking to get a machine for clearing individual fixture drains, not so much main drain work. I've noticed that Ridgid is the only manufacturer to offer a lifetime warranty. Every other manufacturer only offers 1 year. Is there a quality problem with the other manufacturers?

Thanks!

Re: Equipment question

I have an 'off-brand' version of the k50 sectional machine. I see no problems with the quality vs the name brand unit. Also, name brand parts fit my machine. I think the added cost of name brand in this case may be 'the name' and 'the warranty'.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
      I have an 'off-brand' version of the k50 sectional machine. I see no problems with the quality vs the name brand unit. Also, name brand parts fit my machine. I think the added cost of name brand in this case may be 'the name' and 'the warranty'.

I DO NOT like how the Chinese are identically copying tools, machinery and such. In the 90's when I was working at the textile mill they were taking USA made high pile circular knitting machines apart, molding, etc... making EXACT copies the only difference being the color & name plate

I will never buy this chit, I will pay more for the original.

Just me...............

Comment

No. Not as long as you buy ridgid, general, spartan, trojan. etc.
        I do not care much for the knock offs.

I recommend the Ridgid K45 auto feed.
        If you shop around you can probably get one on ebay for close to $200.

Comment

The k-45 is a pain to hold and feed. I prefer the k-30 auto for small sinks and some tub and shower drain jobs. I use the k-40 af for bigger obstructions on lavs, sinks and tubs.

Comment

Originally posted by abqplumber View Post
            The k-45 is a pain to hold and feed. I prefer the k-30 auto for small sinks and some tub and shower drain jobs. I use the k-40 af for bigger obstructions on lavs, sinks and tubs.

I agree, you need the K-45AF

I love my K-39AF/K-45AF pistol rodders. The autofeed makes them very easy to run especially in overhead or tight spaces.

I carry 4 in my van each with a different cable and have 2 brand new still in the box.

The K-30 is a disposable drain cleaner.
            Last edited by AssTyme; 11-10-2012, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
              I DO NOT like how the Chinese are identically copying tools, machinery and such. In the 90's when I was working at the textile mill they were taking USA made high pile circular knitting machines apart, molding, etc... making EXACT copies the only difference being the color & name plate

I will never buy this chit, I will pay more for the original.

Just me...............
              I noticed that as well, seen mostly at Harbor Freight...Nothing but China products..

Comment

Working...
              X