Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Equipment question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Equipment question

    I do handyman side work, and I'm looking to get a machine for clearing individual fixture drains, not so much main drain work. I've noticed that Ridgid is the only manufacturer to offer a lifetime warranty. Every other manufacturer only offers 1 year. Is there a quality problem with the other manufacturers?

    Thanks!

  • #2
    Re: Equipment question

    I have an 'off-brand' version of the k50 sectional machine. I see no problems with the quality vs the name brand unit. Also, name brand parts fit my machine. I think the added cost of name brand in this case may be 'the name' and 'the warranty'.
    ~~

    ... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Equipment question

      Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
      I have an 'off-brand' version of the k50 sectional machine. I see no problems with the quality vs the name brand unit. Also, name brand parts fit my machine. I think the added cost of name brand in this case may be 'the name' and 'the warranty'.


      I DO NOT like how the Chinese are identically copying tools, machinery and such. In the 90's when I was working at the textile mill they were taking USA made high pile circular knitting machines apart, molding, etc... making EXACT copies the only difference being the color & name plate

      I will never buy this chit, I will pay more for the original.

      Just me...............

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Equipment question

        No. Not as long as you buy ridgid, general, spartan, trojan. etc.
        I do not care much for the knock offs.

        I recommend the Ridgid K45 auto feed.
        If you shop around you can probably get one on ebay for close to $200.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Equipment question

          The k-45 is a pain to hold and feed. I prefer the k-30 auto for small sinks and some tub and shower drain jobs. I use the k-40 af for bigger obstructions on lavs, sinks and tubs.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Equipment question

            Originally posted by abqplumber View Post
            The k-45 is a pain to hold and feed. I prefer the k-30 auto for small sinks and some tub and shower drain jobs. I use the k-40 af for bigger obstructions on lavs, sinks and tubs.


            I agree, you need the K-45AF

            I love my K-39AF/K-45AF pistol rodders. The autofeed makes them very easy to run especially in overhead or tight spaces.

            I carry 4 in my van each with a different cable and have 2 brand new still in the box.


            The K-30 is a disposable drain cleaner.
            Last edited by AssTyme; 11-10-2012, 06:12 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Equipment question

              Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
              I DO NOT like how the Chinese are identically copying tools, machinery and such. In the 90's when I was working at the textile mill they were taking USA made high pile circular knitting machines apart, molding, etc... making EXACT copies the only difference being the color & name plate

              I will never buy this chit, I will pay more for the original.

              Just me...............
              I noticed that as well, seen mostly at Harbor Freight...Nothing but China products..

              Comment

              Working...
              X