Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Jetter?

This one
    Drain, Sewer Cleaning Equipment & Machines, Water Jetter, Trenchless Pipe Replacement, Bursting & Video Inspection Equipment by Professional

Or this one, the bruiser plus,
    cart jetter, honda powered jetter, portable jetter, drain cleaning equipment, sewer jetter

Ok I've read every jetter thread on all the different sites and narrowed it down to these two.
    The prices are similar when you factor in in the extra accessories that the Gorlitz give in the package. But Still a couple hundred more.
    I like the footprint of the Gorlitz more but not enough to make it a big deal.

Is .5 gpm and 500 psi more that big of a deal.
    It's time to make up my mind.

Thank you very much.
    Robert

Re: Which Jetter?

If I had to choose between the two, I would go with the gorlitz since it's right down the street from you. I would personally build my own jetter and save at least 2k.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

robert, most importantly is what machine will fit into your truck better. size matters when it's time to transport and load/ unload. the gorlitz is a 2 gal. fuel tank. so it will need fuel during a long day. but that also makes it lighter and more compact compared to the 7 gal bruiser.

as you already observed with our little demo the other day. 3500 psi on a root ranger destroyed your 2x4 and shot slivers over both of us.

my 18 hp 3500 5.6 gpm machine has been with me for over 15 years. trouble free.

the 4000 will make up for pressure drop in the longer hose runs. the .5 gpm is minimal when it comes to flow. less than 10%.

gorlitz is in your backyard.

before i had my trailer units, high gpm and high pressure. all i used for the majority of jetting was my 18hp 3500/ 5.6 gpm machine you saw the other day.

come play with it on wednesday and i'll let you even load it into your truck for a winch test. this time you will get dirty and i'll give you a banana suit to wear.

no white sneakers unless you like wet feet and black shoes and socks

rick.

nothing like sucking down a chocolate milk shake while staying dry and clean under my tyvex suit.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 11-24-2012, 12:30 AM.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        robert, most importantly is what machine will fit into your truck better. size matters when it's time to transport and load/ unload. the gorlitz is a 2 gal. fuel tank. so it will need fuel during a long day. but that also makes it lighter and more compact compared to the 7 gal bruiser.

as you already observed with our little demo the other day. 3500 psi on a root ranger destroyed your 2x4 and shot slivers over both of us.

my 18 hp 3500 5.6 gpm machine has been with me for over 15 years. trouble free.

the 4000 will make up for pressure drop in the longer hose runs. the .5 gpm is minimal when it comes to flow. less than 10%.

gorlitz is in your backyard.

before i had my trailer units, high gpm and high pressure. all i used for the majority of jetting was my 18hp 3500/ 5.6 gpm machine you saw the other day.

come play with it on wednesday and i'll let you even load it into your truck for a winch test. this time you will get dirty and i'll give you a banana suit to wear.

no white sneakers unless you like wet feet and black shoes and socks

rick.

nothing like sucking down a chocolate milk shake while staying dry and clean under my tyvex suit.
        Rick ,You're a good friend to all !
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Thanks very much for your input. I was leaning towards the Gorlitz cuz of the reasons given. Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks Rick for asking me back for another jetting demo. I will be ready to get dirty, looking forward to it. Jet on. Smile

Comment

Ordered the jnw 4kpsi 6gpm. With a root ranger. The measurements as far as width goes are the same. JNW,,,,, They made a mistake the first time and was off 3 inch on the wide side. Jnw had a nice eye in middle for lifting. Gorlitz had no easy way to lift. I went to Gorlitz for an on hands look. Steve was awesome dealing with me today. We tried for 20 minutes to make the big brute work and ended up an inch short. And the length also took a bigger chunk out of the floor that I wanted. I'm excited. Now my jetter is bigger then plumber ricks little jetter lol.
              Last edited by theplungerman; 11-26-2012, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Thank you all very much for your input. smile i would explain why in detail but its sons bday and the wife is calling me smile

Comment

what's the lead time?

you should be able to pay for it before 12/31 and write off the entire purchase for this year. a nice benefit for owning a business.

see you on wednesday am around 8:30. will get you an address. be prepared to get dirty

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick. I'm excited. Said will be here by Friday. I have 4 jobs lined up. Ready to get dirty.

Comment

Whoops double post sorry
                      Last edited by theplungerman; 11-27-2012, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Don't order the warthog till you get the jetter in. Unless JNW has a special deal with Udor, they're misadvertising. Udor has a 5.5 gpm 4000 psi pump.....no 6gpm and that can make a big difference in regards to nozzle size. My standard root ranger was giving me 2700 psi, still cut great....but still only 2700 psi. Went down one nozzle size and the pressure is at 4000 psi. Worked great before...works amazing now. Point is to get your nozzle matched to what the jetter puts out, not what the manufactor says the specs are.

I'm trying to justify the same jetter spec as you just bought. I want a bigger one because I think I'll need it one day but my small one is knocking out all the roots I've met up with. I'll probably going to build mine but am intersted on how you like it. What kind of price did you get?
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Off the shelf nozzles work, dialing a nozzle in to your machine and hose makes them kick arse.
                          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                            Off the shelf nozzles work, dialing a nozzle in to your machine and hose makes them kick arse.
                            uh, little late on that advice, root ranger and warthog on its way, , didn't read a post like that on my through scouring of the net this past 2 weeks. its all good, i wouldn't haven't heeded anyhoo, i like the best
                            thank you smile
                            Last edited by theplungerman; 11-27-2012, 10:20 PM.

Comment

5395 for bruiser plus,, plus 10 percent off any additional add on items. Steve was awesome at jnw so was John last week, John is on vacation this week. Drooling while waiting for the jetter.

Comment

Working...
                              X