Comment

Re: rick reverse auger saves thanksgiving

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          i'm not that type of guy

rick.
          And I also am not

Comment

For some reason it was not showing up on my Chrome browser - was able to see it on IE.

LOL Rick - please tell me you disinfected that drain machine before using it.

Comment

no i didn't. the cable was new, but the cutter/ mixer was a used 4 blade spade cutter.

gave me a little more chocolate for the shake

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Yuk! Luckily I have now finished my dinner so I don't have to think about it

Do guys doing drain cleaning ever get sick from ingesting something?

Comment

many years ago i smiled when i was jetting and got a few drops in my mouth.

2 days later i was glad i was a plumber. i was sick for 2 weeks and lost 15 pounds before seeing my good friend dr. gary. all i can say is he saw another side on me that most would never want to see

but in general, i rarely get sick. i think i've built up my immunity to the limit.

now with phoebe, i am the one that has to show her good hygiene in the bathroom. for some reason she tends to have me take her to a public bathroom more so than joey.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

I think you are right about the immunity - kind of like the people who live in the tropics and have immunity to the local stomach bugs - but when visitors go they get sick.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      got a phone call black friday night at my best hoa building. been the plumber there since 1995. leak in garage. i was with phoebe taking her ice skating for the first time building maintenance man isolated it to a laundry drain from the first floor.

show up in the morning to the unit. new owner. been there for 1 month. try my k-50 with 4 blade auger and couldn't get through so i tried the rick reverse auger no luck k-39 with 5/16'' cable, nothing

talked to the new owners of this several million $ condo about the new laundry machine install. thought they might have left the rubber drain hose tapered hose end in the line and it fell in. i guess that jarred his memory and he remember s something about the installer saying "oops" when they removed the old miele machines.

so back in with the rick reverse auger to go fishing for the rubber hose end. about 10 minute later i hooked it. felt like a fisherman pulling in his catch

but what i hooked was more like nessi the lochness monster. owners were amazed and surprised. i told them that's the second one i've ever done. first one was in a laundry floor drain a few years back. stopped to take pictures of my prize catch from a 2'' laundry stand pipe and trap behind the wall.

rick.

recessed laundry box.

laundry sink stopper.

hooked it through 1 hole and out the the other hole. only a revers auger could hook this. normal auger would not catch 2 holes at once. and only a k-50 with instant clutch can safely snake the line. a drum would be so out of control without an instant action clutch handle. don't believe me. try it with a drum machine and watch you turn your cable into a pretzel with 3' of cable into the line.

Nice catch
                      Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                      1-920-284-7471

Comment

Working...
                      X