X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rick reverse auger saves thanksgiving

got a phone call black friday night at my best hoa building. been the plumber there since 1995. leak in garage. i was with phoebe taking her ice skating for the first time building maintenance man isolated it to a laundry drain from the first floor.

show up in the morning to the unit. new owner. been there for 1 month. try my k-50 with 4 blade auger and couldn't get through so i tried the rick reverse auger no luck k-39 with 5/16'' cable, nothing

talked to the new owners of this several million $ condo about the new laundry machine install. thought they might have left the rubber drain hose tapered hose end in the line and it fell in. i guess that jarred his memory and he remember s something about the installer saying "oops" when they removed the old miele machines.

so back in with the rick reverse auger to go fishing for the rubber hose end. about 10 minute later i hooked it. felt like a fisherman pulling in his catch

but what i hooked was more like nessi the lochness monster. owners were amazed and surprised. i told them that's the second one i've ever done. first one was in a laundry floor drain a few years back. stopped to take pictures of my prize catch from a 2'' laundry stand pipe and trap behind the wall.

rick.

recessed laundry box.

laundry sink stopper.

hooked it through 1 hole and out the the other hole. only a revers auger could hook this. normal auger would not catch 2 holes at once. and only a k-50 with instant clutch can safely snake the line. a drum would be so out of control without an instant action clutch handle. don't believe me. try it with a drum machine and watch you turn your cable into a pretzel with 3' of cable into the line.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 11-24-2012, 11:45 PM.
    phoebe it is

Re: rick reverse auger saves thanksgiving

Good catch, is that sort of a lint trap???

for that to be a multi million $ condo that is some shoddy looking electrical and plumbing work, just saying!

Comment

no, that's the strainer from the laundry sink that fell in when they removed the old washer. must have been sitting in the laundry box.

the electrical was added as the miele machines were 220 on both the washer and dryer.

the unit is across the hall from sugar ray leonards old unit. that's for sale right now for 4.5m. it's a laundry room. not the family room.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Only in Hollywood....................

Comment

not hollywood. not beverly hills either.

what no comment on the reverse auger?

lets see your drum cable after you try this. especially when you don't know what's inside the drain.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            not hollywood. not beverly hills either.

what no comment on the reverse auger?

lets see your drum cable after you try this. especially when you don't know what's inside the drain.

rick.

C'mon down...............

Comment

Don't poke the bear(s)

Comment

Da Bears!
                AllurePlumbing.com
                • leak detection
                • drain cleaning
                • utility locating
                • conductor fault locating
                • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Cause I just might come on UP there with my armada of sectionals and start a drum vs sectional battle royale!!
                  Just kidding. Kinda.
                  Go bearzzzz!

Comment

You are so the man Rick. That's one of the big reasons you are successful among many more.

Comment

You da man cuz, That you tried hard to fish it out and not go so fast with a gotta open this wall etc etc line. I try hard also to clear lines before the next step. The customers appreciate it and then after that some years in the biz you become the go to plumber for them and their friends parents work mates. Word of mouth is valuable. Then when they need that next step the sell is easy. I tell them sorry, that my goal is to get back on the couch ASAP but I need to blah blah blah.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        no, that's the strainer from the laundry sink that fell in when they removed the old washer. must have been sitting in the laundry box.

the electrical was added as the miele machines were 220 on both the washer and dryer.

the unit is across the hall from sugar ray leonards old unit. that's for sale right now for 4.5m. it's a laundry room. not the family room.

rick.
                        Don't make excuses for someone else's poor workmanship Rick.
                        $4.5M or $45K, that's a sloppy install of that laundry box and they
                        could have done better with the add on electrical box too.

But back to the topic at hand. You have come through again in someones time of need
                        with your innovative methods. As you pointed out there is probably no better tool to use
                        than the K50 in this situation, and your reverse auger trick is what makes it a winner for
                        all involved.
                        Last edited by Bob D.; 11-25-2012, 06:36 AM.
                        ---------------
                        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                        ---------------
                        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                        ---------
                        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                        ---------
                        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

where do i get one of ricks reverse augers? lol....... good job!

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
                            You are so the man Rick. That's one of the big reasons you are successful among many more.
                            AllurePlumbing.com
                            • leak detection
                            • drain cleaning
                            • utility locating
                            • conductor fault locating
                            • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber26 View Post
                              where do i get one of ricks reverse augers? lol....... good job!
                              Just a broken or cut piece of sectional cable. Temper if you like.

Comment

Working...
                              X